- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Richey
We are looking for a seasoned Technical writer to work with our Production Security team in Information Security. This team of security engineers builds and operationally supports tools as part of efforts to protect information and systems.
- Create or consolidate a variety of technical information and documents for a wide range of use cases which could include: implementation or test plans, technical manuals, technical changes and revisions, hardware and software modification documentation
- Documents engineering processes and specifications
- Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals or documents for nontechnical and technical users.
- Performs quality reviews of technical documentation.
- May produce and modify existing technical flow charts
- Track any writing deliverables with state and status for each document
- Collaborate with teams to document the services and processes using existing templates and creating new ones where needed.
- Document, train, and handoff the process for creation and maintenance to the core team
- Operational tasks and other duties as assigned by the team
- Proficiency in writing clearly and effectively about complete technical topics in a language accessible to our support teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills for managing multiple projects effectively
- Strong knowledge of AWS with a focus on IAM and S3; familiar with AWS security and experience writing related documentation.
- Familiarity with Terraform or other code defined configuration tools
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and internal tooling
- Experience in using Jira to manage requests for new or updated content from support teams
- Minimum of 5 years in a technical writing role creating and maintaining runbooks, procedures, policy documents, and other documentation
- Minimum 3 years working with Atlassian Confluence CMS
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Work background with focus on knowledge management preferred
- KCS Certification preferred
- English: Read Write Speak
Certifications & Licenses:
- KCS Certification preferred
Founded in 2008, this company represents a global travel community that offers magical end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet. This website and app uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. The accommodation marketplace offers access to millions of places to stay in more than 191 countries, from apartments and villas to castles, treehouses and B&Bs. With Experiences, people can see a different side to a destination through unique, handcrafted activities run by locals, while a partnership app provides access to the best local restaurants in selected countries. All of this is brought together in one easy-to-use and beautifully designed website and app.
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, they work hard, they laugh a lot, they brainstorm nonstop, they use hundreds of Post-Its a week, and they give the best high-fives in town.
Working here will give you the opportunity to:
- Create: They build the best experience for their community - as a team.
- Learn: They look inside and outside for inspiration and learning.
- Play: Life is what happens when you're busy working. They make sure to enjoy it.
Please include portfolio or writing samples and ensure full legal name is on resume.