Day to Day Responsibilities of this Position and Description of Project:
Our client is seeking an experienced Production Designer in our San Francisco office to assist the team during our peak-volume season.
This position designs and manages a wide variety and quantity of marketing-related collateral, including brochures, flyers, manuals, benefit summaries, newsletters, presentation materials, and email banners.
Works with an award-winning creative team to provide graphic design and production support from project kickoff through final delivery. Works on implementing appropriate design and layout solutions, owning the design implementation of a project.
Able to prioritize multiple design projects to meet aggressive deadlines, work with minimal supervision, and offer ideas to reduce production issues and costs. Should be innovative in thinking about the best way to deliver on a project. Has knowledge of working within a team of Art Directors, Writers, Designers, Traffic Managers, and Project Managers.
Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years previous design and print production related experience. Proficiency in graphic design and production using Adobe’s Suite of desktop publishing software, mainly InDesign.
Expert abilities in InDesign CC required, along with mid-expert skills in Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, Workfront, Filemaker, and Microsoft Office. Aptitude in Mac + PC OS. Ideal candidate has a good mix of both an online and print background. Knowledge of four-color + PMS print processes along with online standards.
This role will help support Creative Studio’s 2019 Markets Open Enrollment season (7/1/19 – 11/15/19) across LOB’s to update and distribute thousands of customer facing materials, ready for use in our members OE season.
Required Skills (top 3 to 5/ non-negotiables):
1. Comfortable working on design implementation and production, high volume updates/revisions, across all project sizes
2. Attention to detail in a high-speed environment
3. Proficient in industry standard software, mainly InDesign, and able to interpret and deliver on project specifications
4. Can work with clear direction but also comfortable interpreting or reducing ambiguity for project edits or updates by demonstrating initiative
5. Experience using a project workflow database system
What you like to see on resumes? (nice to have)
1. Has previously worked at an agency (e.g. Advertising agency, design firm, branding firm) or in-house (e.g. corporations, large companies etc.)
2. Has 5-7 years’ experience in the above environments
3. Can demonstrate an ability to manage client expectations and deliver results in a deadline-driven environment
4. Can be professional + personable – focus when the pressure is on, but also brings personality when the deadlines are met
5. Has previously worked at an agency (e.g. Advertising agency, design firm, branding firm) or in-house (e.g. corporations, large companies etc.)
Education Requirement: BA/degree and/or demonstrated work experience of 5-7 years min
Required Testing: We will ask the candidates role + software-specific questions, with a focus on InDesign
Software Skills Required: Familiar and comfortable using Adobe Creative Cloud, mainly InDesign, Microsoft Office, Filemaker Pro (or similar workflow project management software).