We are the global leader in consumer electronics retailing, with stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Our website, is among the top-10 retail websites in the United States and we have the number-one customer loyalty program of its kind. Each year, we welcome more than 1 billion visitors and 600 million visitors in our U.S. stores.
This unique combination of physical stores, web presence and industry-leading loyalty programs enables us to meet customers when, where and how they want to shop. Through 2020: Building the New Blue – our multi-year effort to transform every aspect of our business – we vow to be the preferred authority and destination for technology products and services. We are also committed to attracting and inspiring people who want to be a part of this transformation.
Health & Wellness UX Designer – UX Team
The UX team is looking for a UX Designer to design transformative mobile and cross-platform experiences that help empower people to lead independent, healthier lives.
Eager to envision, design and promote adoption of innovative cross-platform products, services and solutions for important and multifaceted human problems across diverse aspects of health and wellness.
Fearless about solving complex problems and identifying the ambiguities and opportunities of new product development, and adept at executing complex UX user flows.
A strong conceptual and strategic thinker able to balance user needs, business goals and industry insights.
Able to articulate the thinking behind your decisions, because a key part of your job will be helping other stakeholders and partners to make informed decisions.
You’ll work with a highly collaborative group of UX designers, researchers, strategists, and product managers to create engaging native mobile and cross-platform experiences that play a meaningful role in helping people lead safer, healthier lives; maintain their independence and stay connected with their caregivers.
In this role you will:
• Help to define the vision for health and wellness products and services
• Be a key contributor to the product development process including market research, competitive analysis, journey-mapping, wireframing, prototyping and usability testing
• Work with internal and external partner teams to align underlying technologies
• Create and contribute UI components and design assets to the design system to share with stakeholder teams across the organization
• Analyze the success of your solutions and iterate quickly on new ideas
• Keep up with the rapidly evolving field of health and wellness user experience and consistently bring new ideas to the team
• A desire to use your UX skills to have a real impact on the health and well-being of individuals and families
• 4+ years’ experience in a UX design role, preferably focused on consumer-facing mobile products
• Ability to grasp complex design problems and user pain points and translate them to practical design solutions.
• Proficiency in Sketch, Zeplin, InVision and other prototyping tools
• Experience validating ideas and designs using qualitative and quantitative research principles
• Experience working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in the healthcare, wellness or social good arenas a plus