This is a Direct Hire/Permanent opportunity.
Lead all product development from concept to launch for the brand:
· Identify key consumer/industry trends to design competitive, consumer and pro-relevant concepts and claims that are in line with the brand’s strategy.
· Work closely with R&D to identify technology, story ingredients but also benchmarks, form/texture/fragrance direction to ensure feasibility from a timing and pricing perspective before presenting to the brand.
· Deep understanding of the men category, haircare, grooming and skincare preferred
· Communicate with other PD category heads (hair and skincare) to leverage existing forms and technologies.
· Align with marketing on product direction and claims and lead claim consensus forms and calls.
· Participate and contribute to all development meetings and alert manager and brand when necessary of upcoming delays and risks while proposing solutions and options to resolve them.
· Align with marketing on formula approval.
· Approve copy, education and communication materials to ensure it is in line with product concept and approved claims.
· Approve pilot, line trials and 1st production batches to ensure they match approved formulas.
· Approve all on going reformulations for texture and performance characteristics.
· Lead innovation meetings with brand and cross functional teams (R&D, Packaging) once a year
to review key trends, technology and packaging innovations and work with the brand to identify their future 3 Year innovation pipeline.
Preferred & Required Skills:
· Majority of experience in marketing/product development.
· Deep understanding of the men category, haircare, grooming and skincare. Knowledge of the Pro environment is a plus.
· Entrepreneurial spirit and solution-oriented mindset. Know how to get the information if needed.
· Organized and structured to be able to track multiple programs, most of them fast tracks, all while being flexible to changes during the course of developments.