- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
We are seeking a designer with a passion for synthesizing, distilling, and organizing ideas to create new category-defining products. As a core member of our design team you will assume ownership of projects of various shapes and sizes—as we take on building new features and improve upon existing ones. The designer will lead competitive audits, brainstorming, feature design, and launches for projects across all of our platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating with engineers and product managers, understand how to make tradeoffs between design and business, while trusting their instincts to craft a unique user experience for ebook and audiobook consumption.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Partner with other design teams in UX to drive a cross-product design language and consistency
- Create delightful and innovative concepts and then translate these ideas into informative, usable, and beautiful UX
- Produce wireframes, layouts, UX specs, prototypes, and final redlines
- Confidently lead interaction and workflow discussions
- Work with and support researchers, and iterate on findings derived from user testing
- Partner with engineering teams to ensure technical feasibility and adherence to design spec
- Effectively communicate design concepts and system cross-functionally with partners across the organization
- BA/BS in Design, Interaction design, HCI, or related field or equivalent practical experience.
Mandatory Years of Experience:
- 3-5 years as a working UX designer (in house experience preferred).
Mandatory Skills or Processes:
- Strong portfolio of work related to mobile user interfaces and visual design.
- Outstanding skills in design software and proven expertise in prototyping ideas.
- Proven ability to act effectively in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Ability to track feedback from multiple stakeholders, stick to deadline and deliverables, and be self-guided and communicative.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: