Our leading Consumer Packaged Goods client is looking for a Creative Traffic Manager!
We are an internal design team of approximately 20+ bad-ass designers, production experts, and project managers, that are responsible for
Brand Development, Design Strategy and Package Design. We believe whole-heartedly, that the success of our brands is largely dependent on the fantastic work our team does. And with our team’s ongoing list of projects and client requests, things can get pretty hectic and so we are seeking an even-keeled, assertive multi-tasking, bad-ass to make sure things run smoothly.
The Creative Traffic Manager facilitates the productivity of the design team by ensuring that all resource needs are met for current workload as well as maintaining a constant view for 30 and 60 days needs. They will work in partnership with Project Managers to set priorities, creating creative or production timelines, and trafficking asset for approvals and handoffs. The traffic manager must be able to quickly assess the bandwidth of the team and provide oversight into the workflow process and reprioritization options. They will partner with other stakeholders to establish ways of working and be responsible for improving the efficiency of the team ongoing.
This team is built for speed, so, the ideal candidate must balance the urgent needs from the stakeholders with the capacity of the design managers, designers, and production team. You are able to understand both creative design and business partner’s needs and you aren’t afraid to prioritize, make decisions and communicate with authority.
• Resource management - Must be able to assign resources and manage workload capacities for a team of 12+ designers.
• Must be able to identify current, 30 day, and 60 days resource needs and reporting
• Experience with a project management software tool (i.e., Hive, Basecamp, Trello, etc)
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners
• Continually monitor requests and timelines to ensure they are delivered in a timely manner.
• Ensure project scope and timelines stay within scope
• Engage with creative project managers to ensure crisp communication between requests and designers
• Escalation contact for investigating and resolving issues
• Actively manage workflow and inflight-work streams
• Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
• Must be able to prioritize, be a self-starter, take on required responsibility and be detail oriented
• 4+ years of traffic workflow systems in an agency/in-house design group environment
• Experience with workflow system tool(s) (ie, Basecamp, Hive, Trello, etc)
• Natural collaborator – with all external partners and internal functional team
• Clear and persuasive written and verbal communication skills
• Accountable for effectiveness of the work created
• Leads by example
• Confidently challenges conventional practices