- Austin, TX
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Alicia Capobianco
Our large financial services client is seeking a Mid-level Visual Designer for a unique position in their Austin, TX location. This position is a long-term contract and can last up to 2 years. For the right candidate this position could eventually become permanent.
This position sit in the Design Research Team and would be an excellent opportunity for someone who has traditional graphic design experience and would like to work alongside research. The Visual Designer will be a hybrid of not only a designer but someone who can take complex information from the research team and break it down through visual design, ie; creating graphics, images, posters, and web elements. The ideal candidate will have a print background with recent experience in web and digital. The client will not consider someone who is mostly a presentations designer, rather, someone is more of a visual designer with content creation for presentations in their wheelhouse. This role will require someone to create the content from scratch, not plug in existing images. In this role, the designer will package up best practices for the design research team by taking complex research information and best practices and breaking it down through visual design.
- Experienced and comfortable creating content and designing artifacts for a facilitation/presenting team.
- Knowledge of human-centered design and design thinking is a HUGE plus.
- Execution in visual delivery
- Content design or content creation background
- Experience with creating visual aids for presentation, not the actual compiling of a presentation
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward bus or train passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
Background Checks required