Product Manager: Software applications, project and resource management
Our client's Technology team with global Marketing Communications group is responsible for a number of areas including systems infrastructure and internal tools used by the client's global business partners. The Technical Programs team implements solutions for Marketing Communications' unique workflows for project management, resource management, budgets, project scope, and digital asset management.
The product manager for project and resource management will be responsible for understanding organizational needs, defining product strategy, analyzing technology solutions and working with a matrix organization to implement and evangelize solutions.
• Gather requirements to develop strategic as well as tactical and detail oriented project plans, objectives and schedules that support department needs as they pertain to project and resource management
• Assess market to evaluate commercial customization vs. custom built solutions in relation to current and potential future needs of the organization
• Extensive collaboration with stakeholders, development, and other segments of the organization to track specific details of tactical work
• Lead cross-functional teams to define the scope, business objectives and required project results.
• Document detailed project findings for technical evaluation.
• Quickly grasp the essence of multiple new technical concepts and lead the team through assessment and documentation of goals, risks, dependencies, and timelines focusing on these concepts.
• Marshal resources from a matrix functional group to get things done, and use resources effectively and efficiently.
• Clearly assign responsibility for tasks and decisions. Manage and monitor project schedules, progress and costs.
• Consolidate, communicate and manage all issues and risks affecting the program or project.
• Work cross-functionally with other teams to ensure successful completion of programs and projects.
• Manage rollout, release, post launch support, and issue triage during and beyond warranty period as necessary.
• Deliver comprehensive summary of post project metrics, areas of potential improvement, and apply learnings to future efforts.
Proven Skills and Abilities
• Hands on experience defining product strategy and tactical product definition with a preference for past experience in a marketing agency setting and/or past experience defining and rolling out large scale project and resource management solutions in diverse organizations
• Solid understanding of agile product management methodologies, with proven experience in putting product management processes in place. Demonstrated ability to deliver projects by adapting techniques to best fit circumstances.
• Deep understanding of Agile development methodology.
• Able to analyze and document detailed functional requirements to facilitate the creation of technical level-of-effort estimates.
• Proven success as a key member of a matrixed, cross-functional team. Able to work equally well with people in creative and technical positions.
• Able to apply sound judgment while working independently within tight timelines.
• Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
• Excellent oral and written communicator, with great interpersonal skills. Able to forge trusting relationships within a diverse team.
• Fanatical about creating order from disorder. Understands the “right” level of process to apply to different projects.
• Solid technical background, experience managing technical projects, and/or hands-on technical experience is a plus
• Deeply familiar with software development methodologies.
• You can adjust your interpersonal approach to individuals and situations as needed to effectively work with others.
• You can effectively communicate with global stakeholders with varied marketing and technical strengths
• You are persistent and can discover and eliminate complexity and ambiguity in projects to ensure clarity and establish goals and expectations for services requested.
• You understand complex technical projects and can quickly learn about new technologies and solutions to manage their implementation.
• You have a demonstrated ability to develop broad perspective on an organization and can use that knowledge to develop new strategies and options for new projects.
• You can maintain momentum on a project and will diligently follow every detail through to its completion.
• You can juggle multiple projects within a fast paced environment and change priorities rapidly as required by the business.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years product management experience demonstrating ability to conceive and deploy functional workflow solutions at scale.
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering a strong plus.