Develop and drive the standards, development processes, systems architecture, and design patterns to support IT and business solutions
- Present the user-interface visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Gather research and information from end-users to produce original digital products.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers, product managers in order to create simple, easy-to-use software.
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design field
- Interpreting storyboards to tell visual stories that support learning.
- Responsible for overall systems design and architecture, including new solutions and patterns
- Collaborate with business users and stakeholders through design and implementation, including needs analysis and system requirements
- Define and refine methodology and standards for setup, design and implementation of the application or technology to meet the needs of the business and IT customers
- Generate detailed system requirements with cost projections, cost benefit analysis and ROI
- Train and mentor IT team
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of relevant design and architecture experience.
• Experience within managed care environment highly preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
- Extensive working knowledge and expertise with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with all stakeholders (across cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, vendors, experience team and user research)
- Expert knowledge of design and prototyping tools, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq, etc
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storytelling, storyboards, mood boards, prototypes, etc
- Directs user-centric approaches across the product business
- Collaborate and directed HCD/Design Thinking workshops across the organization
- Promotes and Educates the Organization on HCD Best Practices to understand the End-User Behaviors, Drives Design Thinking and promotes educating others in this craft
- Knowledge of emerging web technologies, mobile operating systems and platforms and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions is a plus (including Pattern io, Abstract, HTML 5, CSS, scripting, iOS, Android, Windows)
- Perfected skills in illustration, video, photography, and visual design is an advantage