Our Fortune 500 Financial Client is looking for a Business Development Consultant who has experience working with start ups. This is a full time, onsite, 12+ month assignment with full benefits. This person will be accountable for defining and managing all aspects of a new Insurance product as it grows in scope and depth. Candidates are highly organized and proactive with excellent written and verbal communications skills and relevant experience in working within a startup environment. Ideal candidate has experience launching, leading, or growing a startup.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Act as the internal voice of the customer for the project team.
• Collaborate with project leads and other business stakeholders to define, refine, and prioritize project Backlog.
• Partner with Innovation Technical Team to build, test and implement product features.
• Develop and implement strategies to help deepen relationships with current customers and solicit meaningful feedback which will be used to improve the product.
• Develop and create strategic partnerships with external partners to help move the business forward.
• Use Web Analytics data and to identify improvements to customer experience on the website and work closely with marketers and designers to implement changes.
• Assist marketing team with developing Social Media strategies and content.
• Five or more years experience in entrepreneurship and/or business development,
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
BA/BS in Business, Entrepreneurship, or equivalent work experience in running a startup and/or Project Management. Experience in Property Casualty insurance and Product Underwriting or Coverage highly preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
• Entrepreneurial attitude and creative mindset.
• Experience in a startup environment highly preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Great interpersonal skills and relationship management experience.
• Experience articulating and testing product hypotheses.
• Ability to decompose complex problems into prioritized actionable steps.
• Ability to lead without authority.
• Strong Project Management abilities.
• Working knowledge of digital content marketing and social media.
• Working knowledge of web analytics, including Google Analytics.
• Experience in various Agile Development Methodologies.