Our client is a leader in banking technology and they are looking for a UX Design Lead to join their team for a 6+ month contract opportunity. This UX Design Lead role has the potential to convert to a full-time permanent position for the right candidate, is 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered!
This UX Design / Creative Designer Lead will have agency experience and create marketing / infographic / iconography for developer portals at first run the program, but will help support the foundation of the design systems and improvement in the shifting of the brand. This UX Design Lead will also have experience with UX and product design. This role requires a deep understanding of experience design for digital products and services of all kinds, sizes, shapes and contexts. A balanced understanding of strategy, research, interaction and visual design is a must. You are a customer experience advocate, excited about our customer's lives through simple, intelligent and enriching products and experiences.
Strong Visual Design, Product design experience and effective communication skills is a must for this role. The UX Designer will influence and help drive the direction, vision, and methodology for a growing team in our New York studio and set the bar for quality by example, with energy and passion. This will require a strong point of view on design, hands-on creation of experiences, developing strategies for implementation within a complex ecosystem and building meaningful relationships within the organization.
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in user experience design required.
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
- Effective communication of design solutions across roles & levels
- Work in iterative processes, including agile and lean methodologies
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies, and their application and relevance to digital experiences
- Proven understanding of responsive web & mobile application design and wireframe development
- Develop design standards in the form of journeys, storyboards, site maps, wireframes, and prototypes to ensure our digital experience flows seamlessly from one step to the next
- Prototyping skills across a variety of mediums and needs: on paper, in Keynote, Invision and other digital methods
- Collaborate on usability test plans; prepare paper and interactive prototypes and mockups — including page layout and navigational elements — to test with users
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
- Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on design
- Actively listens, hears and understands what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent
- Team work: Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with direct reports, peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders
- Flexibility/adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus)
- BFA or BA in related field, graduate design degree preferred