Our client is a leading global financial services company and the are looking for a Marketing Communications Manager to join their New York City Team for a 6+ month contract opportunity. This Marketing Communications Manager role has the potential to convert to a full-time permanent position for the right candidate, is 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered!
Our client is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, the company serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its brands. This Marketing Communications Manager role is within the asset wealth management area which offers global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity, liquidity, and multi-asset solutions. It also provides trust and estate, banking, and brokerage services to high net worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individuals.
The Change Mobilization team partners with Operations, Technology and Business leadership to take the best of what we do, within and across LOBs, and drive deliberate cross-pollination across operations teams, promoting global process consistency and standards. We focus on evolving the organization’s capabilities to move from lower to higher-value added tasks, and creating agile processes, teams and infrastructure that enable differentiated client experiences and outcomes. We follow a hypothesis-driven, data-informed approach to identify opportunities and employ co-design principles to create effective, scalable, well controlled solutions. Those solutions seek to differentially equip our people and support their development as operations professionals of the future. We serve the broader organization and maintain a service-oriented attitude in all that we do.
Primary Role: The Marketing Communications Manager in the Change Mobilization Team is instrumental in the communications of our high-impact strategic initiatives to senior managers across the organization. This role will focus on developing communications on key initiatives, success stories and other department update. Communication delivery methods include websites, SharePoint sites, newsletters, presentations for senior managers and other stakeholders, email blasts and instructional and marketing videos. The Marketing Communications Manager will also help to develop training curricula for all core applications as well as coordinate the configuration, set up and facilitation of training sessions.
Marketing Communications Manager Responsibilities:
• Partner with department senior managers to prepare senior level presentations and updates
• Create instructional manuals, email-based communications, user guides, newsletters
• Maintain content on websites to help support the Change Mobilization Team’s overall mission, operating model and day-to-day activities
• Help design and select appropriate medium for crafting messages that cater to different audiences, such as emails, chat blasts, presentations and online videos
• Standardize content across platforms and media
• Organize and write supporting documents for products, technology applications and processes
• Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation and charts that increase users’ understanding
• Use interactive technologies to document content
• Manage and maintain the internal and external SharePoint sites / document repositories
• Partner with pillar leads to co-design strategic training programs to be rolled-out firmwide as well as help coordinate the set up and running of the training sessions
Qualifications / Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Engineering, or Business related discipline
• 5+ years of technical writing / communication or research assistant experience; experience in financial services a plus
• Excellent communication skills – Must be able to take complex, technical information and translate it for colleagues
• Excellent writing skills - Technical communicators must have excellent writing skills to be able to explain technical information
• Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership and can drive change through innovation
• Able to work effectively under pressure and in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines
• The ability to think strategically and partner with diverse teams to drive efficiency and process enhancements
• Able to drive project and initiatives to completion
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, SharePoint, Word and PowerPoint)
• Experience in creating marketing and instructional videos, including storyboarding, animation and editing
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere, After Affects, Photoshop and/or Final Cut Pro.