- Menlo Park, CA; San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Ryan Stipes
Aquent's Client is seeking a highly organized, motivated, and detail-oriented college graduate to join our AR/VR Communications team as a paid Extern in either Menlo Park, CA or San Francisco. The one-year program provides a hands-on immersive experience that will provide a solid foundation for a career in communications.
The AR/VR Communications team helps inform customers, consumers, the media, policy makers and other stakeholders about our new, category-defining consumer hardware and software products that provide immersive social experiences and increase the depth of connections people can have with friends and family. This includes both the VR products and home video communications devices.
The ideal candidate will possess a keen eye for detail, strong writing skills, and a solid understanding of media and what constitutes newsworthiness. It is essential that candidates possess stellar written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to ruthlessly prioritize and work on a wide variety of projects simultaneously.
- Supports communications activities
- Monitor, analyze, and collate new clips
- Support proactive and reactive AR/VR comms activities across the team., including media outreach
- Research and compile findings on areas of interest to the company
- Assist with the development and writing of a wide range of materials such as blog posts, briefing sheets, Q&A's and talking points
- Assist with the logistics and execution of key events, press tours, etc.
- Track and compile relevant data and information
- Create media lists, reference grids, and other supporting documents
- Collaborate with fellow externs and members of the Communications team on a variety of projects and tasks
- Assist with organizing activities including trainings and campus tours
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully
- Ability to suggest new ideas and take initiative
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Passion for social media and online communication a plus
- Interest in consumer hardware products a plus
- Previous intern/externship experience in communications, media, journalism, or marketing a plus
- Experience in the Internet technology industry a plus
- BA or graduate degree in communications, marketing, business, political science, public policy, international relations, journalism, or equivalent preferred
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do