The Product & Brand Design Group team within this large Design Studio at a major tech org is looking for an interaction designer with strong visual design skills to support our Visual system team with Ux work for feature components and controls and helping document their purpose and visual specifications in our Ux design guidelines. There is the opportunity to cross-collaborate with other designers leveraging these components/controls in their features.
This candidate should have strong interaction and visual design skills.
• 3-5 years working experience in interaction design with web applications (desktop and mobile)
• Strong understanding of standard design principles: color, typography, layout, brand
• Sketch (we are a Mac studio)
Performs aspects of the following work:
• Work closely with the lead visual system designer to explore design options for components and controls across platforms (desktop, mobile and tablet) that adhere to our visual system.
• Understanding of basic interaction patterns.
• Become familiar with our guidelines to understand our design principles for brand, typography, color, icons, and common controls.
• Attentive to pixel details.
• Cross-collaborate with other designers using components/controls in their features.
• 3-5+ years of work related experience
• While an interaction design emphasis, candidate must have strong visual design skills.
• Ability to discuss and present an in-depth knowledge of standard design principles: color, typography, layout, brand.
• Ability to work under constant deadline constraints.
• Proficiency in current and emerging web technologies and standard design software packages (i.e. Sketch Photoshop, Illustrator).
• Portfolio for a review with design managers. Bachelor's degree in HCI, digital design or related program. A combination of education and experience may substitute for a Bachelor's degree.