Aquent is offering a great opportunity with its Fortune 500 retail client in Baltimore!
The Sr. Product Mgr will be responsible for developing business strategy and driving the product development efforts for bags and hats. Core responsibilities will include revenue, gross margin and inventory efficiency of the category. This role defines the product requirements for the categories and manages the product development process by translating market analysis, brand insights, user testing, sales and customer support feedback into feature/function requirements. Defines new avenues of business as well as oversees extensions. Will direct channel distribution strategies and develop plans to successfully fulfill and service the business in targeted channels. This individual will be responsible for driving product strategies for the company to become build great product, driving market share gains globally.
• Defines future opportunities and develops comprehensive business plans to maximize revenue potential for UA as the Athletic Brand of the next generation.
• Manage the PLM team that will make us the best athletic brand in the world both on field/court and off.
• Drives product launch strategy, interacts with design, development, and creative marketing to define these requirements, and coordinates required interaction.
• Manages product calendar including turn times and catalogue. Refines and sharpens this model.
• Develops product requirements and communicate product vision for ongoing releases and new product opportunities.
• Establishes processes for management of product requirements throughout product lifecycle.
• Determines and budgets against strategic forecast.
• Analyzes competitive landscape and user segmentation to develop a strong product roadmap.
• Develops business plan including range plan, line plan, margin targets and creative briefing.
• Partners with Innovation and works closely with the design and development teams providing strong judgment and direction when making feature/functionality/schedule trade-offs.
• Translates customer needs, market insight data, athlete feedback and innovative materials into product definitions.
• Manages the complete product life cycle. Provide direction and coordination within the team for the delivery of current and future product releases.
• Briefs product ethos to marketing to create marketing materials and communications including detailed competitive positioning and analysis.
• Writes clearly understood documents targeted at various audiences (R&D, engineering, customers, analysts, press, management) as well as making presentations to large/small groups.
• Analyzes quantitative and qualitative marketing data and draws well-founded conclusions.
• Drive bottom line profitability and sku productivity
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree and at least 8-10 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.