Web Content Writer
Write and edit web content for client's employee portal. In this role, you’ll help create content in an appealing, informative, concise, and easy-to-understand manner by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve the publication’s desired content and image by editing art and copy with 100% accuracy and consistency using nomenclature, proper grammar, usage, punctuation, type specs, typography, grids, folios and pagination.
- Ensure all copy adheres to appropriate style guides.
- Ensure content conforms to client brand identity by using appropriate voice, tonality and message to support that brand.
- Review each stage to ensure that all marked internal changes and client changes are done accurately and with no newly introduced errors.
- Write and edit content in accordance with internal style guide and glossary.
- Revise content provided by others to convey a consistent voice and tone.
- Integrate feedback from subject matter experts to ensure content accuracy.
- Review content for logical presentation of information to the intended audience.
- Organize content in a clear and simple structure for reading online.
- 5 - 10 years of experience.
- Must have formal training as an editor.
- Succinct writing, proofing and editing skills with a strong drive for accuracy and detail are musts.
- Self-motivated and possess an unwavering work ethic and a strong desire to learn.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, highly productive and collaborative environment and has strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and a page layout program such as InDesign is a must; a working knowledge of Photoshop and Dreamweaver (or other web design/photo editing software) is a plus. Experience needed:
- Writing experience in technology or related field preferred (not required).
- Experience working on web content preferred (not required).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret all forms of information.
- Ability to conform writing to prescribed style and format.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive feedback.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and efficient.
- Must be team oriented but also able to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English or Communications.