- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Carin Wallace
Role and Responsibilities:
- Curate a gallery of user-generated photos to tell a visually compelling story
- Review user-generated photos based on a set of creative guidelines
- Learn and continuously improve a scoring system to rate image quality
- Participate in regular quality review sessions
- Notice content trends and curate assets to illustrate them
- Search a photo database and select relevant assets by keywords
- Create training materials and lead vendor/partner trainings, workshops, and review sessions
- Create presentations to share trends/learnings with cross-functional teams
- Interface with other leads and photo editors to do quality reviews and calibrations
- Provide recommendations on process or guideline improvements
- Quick, but never at the cost of quality
- Accurate and detail-orientated when it comes to photography editing and design
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and engage a team
- Openness to feedback and regular quality reviews
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills with people from creative and operational background alike
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in photography editing, graphic design, media, or related field
- Strong eye for photo quality and visual storytelling
- Knowledge of graphic and presentation design
- Strong understanding of content trends and differences in the context of different cultures and geographies
- Experience with industry-standard editing tools and asset management software
- Experience with enhancement of digital images, color-correction, contrast adjustment, cropping
- Experience with stock image banks and performing effective searches using keywords
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload and meet strict deadlines in a global environment
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in photography, visual design, or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar role for a business
Founded in 2008, this company represents a global travel community that offers magical end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet. This website and app uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. The accommodation marketplace offers access to millions of places to stay in more than 191 countries, from apartments and villas to castles, treehouses and B&Bs. With Experiences, people can see a different side to a destination through unique, handcrafted activities run by locals, while a partnership app provides access to the best local restaurants in selected countries. All of this is brought together in one easy-to-use and beautifully designed website and app.
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, they work hard, they laugh a lot, they brainstorm nonstop, they use hundreds of Post-Its a week, and they give the best high-fives in town.
Working here will give you the opportunity to:
- Create: They build the best experience for their community - as a team.
- Learn: They look inside and outside for inspiration and learning.
- Play: Life is what happens when you're busy working. They make sure to enjoy it.
Please include portfolio and ensure full legal name is on resume.