Aquent Studios is currently looking for a Project Manager to join our team! Please note while this position is based on a contract, this position is paid a weekly salary with full benefits (health, dental, vision, vacation, sick and holiday pay etc)
Title: Printing Services Project Manager
Reports to: Account Director
Printing Services Project Management is a key role within the Aquent Studios Visual Communications Team dedicated to a large corporate client. The Printing Services PM serves as the key client interface coordinating printing services (for approximately 2,000 projects annually) for a wide variety of our clients across their affiliated companies. Print buying will be performed for the clients projects designed by the Aquent Visual Communications team as well as for projects designed externally.
The Printing Services PM handles intake of all projects needing print production, accurately capturing all requirements; elicits vendor quotes from approved print vendors, negotiates pricing and schedules and funnels projects to selected vendors. Client and vendor relationship management is a key component of the role as is effective communication throughout the life of projects – ensuring that all process participants have the knowledge, support and information needed to complete projects effectively.
● Serve as the primary point of contact for clients on all assigned projects – managing multiple projects concurrently, taking ownership of all interim and final deliverables, managing client expectations, and meeting all commitments
● Gather job requirements and develop print specifications as required. Prepare bid requests and send to selected vendors.
● Provide clients with estimates for every project and secure approval prior to awarding work. Perform procurement and project management
● Evaluate potential suppliers and recommend those most desirable based on knowledge of manufacturing limitations, supplier facilities and schedule availability.
● Manage all aspects of production with vendors on behalf of the client, and maintaining current status of assigned projects at all times.
● Manage clients’ jobs on-budget, on-time and with the highest level of service and quality. Ensure that all project criteria is met, and that clients approve final delivery.
● Quality Assurance – manage receipt of and review of proofs; checks proofs for color and placement of components; manage the proofreading if required;
● Ownership of budget tracking, reporting, and invoicing for every assigned project.
● Exhibit an excellent customer service attitude at all times, and effectively represent Aquent’s values.
● Develop an understanding of the client’s visual brands, target audiences, and communication objectives
● Understand, monitor, manage, and enforce our client's and Aquent information security and confidentiality requirements at all times.
● Demonstrate a high-level understanding of all phases of the design/production process from project inception through final release of files
● Proactively inform production teams about project changes, issues or concerns, including issues of scope, schedule, process, and quality
● Steward the archival of final files to facilitate future reuse
Account Growth / Business Development
● Exhibit enthusiasm for developing new business for Aquent by building client confidence based on performance excellence
● Work with Managing Director to set measurable business development goals
● Actively pursue connections with new clients to secure additional work
● Understand and identify potential opportunities with existing clients for additional work, and communicate these to the Managing Director
● Participate in client meetings and periodic business reviews to discuss general business items, as requested by our client's and Aquentsleadership
● Solicit and track customer feedback for all assigned clients and projects
● Help identify and define best practices for project management activities
● Exhibit a high level of diligence and accuracy when setting up and tracking projects in Aquent’s project tracking system
● Contribute to a culture of service and innovation
● Direct the efforts of vendors and internal resources
● Initiate efforts to improve process, tools, and capabilities of the team
● Participate in the selection of internal team members and vendors
● Contribute to strategic vendor management activities, including contract compliance, performance measurement and feedback, and vendor qualification