This developer collaboration space run by a large global tech org is looking for an experienced, passionate and collaborative Program Manager to help provide both strategic and operational management of our space in Toronto. In collaboration with our worldwide team, this individual will be responsible for the planning and development of an onsite event strategy for both internal and external users. In addition, they will oversee the execution of day to day activities and will manage our site-specific vendor team. The position requires a dynamic person to work closely and effectively across a diverse group of stakeholders within the organization and with many different teams to help organize, plan and execute operational excellence within the space. It is a fast-paced role that will engage with stakeholders and with our partners and the community. This position will represent the company to strengthen and deepen our relationship within tech communities. The PM will truly be an evangelist for space, events and programs that will take place within locations around the world. This is a unique opportunity to work as part of an energetic and dedicated team, and provides a front row seat in an exciting group which is in growth mode as we redesign how the company engages with the developer community.
• Help design, plan, and manage the strategic event planning that will help drive company engagements, deepen collaboration, and support developer engagements.
• Work closely with worldwide start-up centers and leadership teams to implement consistent events, programs, and presence which emanates a welcoming, hip environment where developers and startups want to be.
• Ability to work across all levels within the organization; including vendor staff, partner teams and senior executive leadership as they visit the locations globally.
• Ensure onsite operations are executed seamlessly.
• Managing ongoing communications with core internal and external partners, show organizers, vendors, and internal cross-functional teams to ensure on-time, on-budget, and aligned execution
• Leverage best practices and assess impact on an ongoing basis to evolve strategy and tactics to maximize ROI.
• Analyze opportunities, manage the site budget, and present recommendations to stakeholders and senior management with improvements, net new additions.
• Build connections internally and externally to collaborate and leverage other key initiatives and programs to maximize impact.
• Exceptional cross-group collaboration skills - In this role, you will need to successfully work independently across many organizations (external and internal) and people - a
• Planning, Organizing, and Executing – You should enjoy and be effective while running multiple work streams with different cadences and stakeholders.
• Audience/Customer focus – You should have an audience-centric mindset and appreciate and prioritize engagement with internal groups and the external research audience.
• 3 years of experience in audience engagement and audience marketing and communications, including building messaging and communications frameworks, digital marketing, and managing vendors.
• 2-4 years of experience in project management and organizational skills including creating and maintaining master project and program plans, marketing and communications plans, managing to a budget and schedule, and tracking and mitigating risks.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required.