- Cupertino, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to ~$50/hr DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennie Brandon
Our client's Sales Training team is looking for an editor to help shape a great conversation between our sales partners and our customers.
You’ll join a team of editors, content developers, and graphic designers working on sales communications, training, and programs, leveraging multiple delivery mechanisms to influence sales audiences around the world.
- At least 8 years of experience in a full-time editing role
- Expertise in Associated Press or Chicago style (grammar, spelling, syntax, diction, and punctuation)
- Proven ability to articulate editing recommendations and collaborate daily with writers
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or related field
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll edit writing to be clear, direct, friendly, persuasive, concise, simple, and practical—becoming expertly familiar with the company style guides and processes.
- You’ll edit for email, web, print, and mobile for product launches and learning initiatives.
- You’ll work with business teams, program managers, instructional designers, communications writers, and graphic designers to apply consistent standards and elevate the quality of the writing.
- You’ll be a stickler for details while never losing sight of the big picture of what the content and the organization are trying to achieve.
- You’ll work with other editors and cross-functional teams to create and evolve style guides, internal job aids, and internal training.
- Experience editing for a daily publication
- Experience editing for a sales audience
- Experience editing training deliverables
- Experience using Mac & iOS products, particularly Mac, iPhone, and iPad
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)