- Stamford, CT / NYC
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Alicia Capobianco
**EXCELLENT opportunity for a designer early in their career, hourly pay is competitve, and this position can turn perm for the right person. Would require some travel to the Stamford office**
Our large financial services client located in Stamford CT is seeking a Graphic Designer with both print & digital experience for a temp to perm opportunity slated to started in July. This role is can be onsite it NYC with some travel to the Stamford office, or potentially remote with travel to the Stamford office.
While this is a junior-level role this position would be the US face of the Design Team which is mostly located in the UK. Thus, a certain level of maturity and professionalism is required in order to work with high-profile internal clients. The ideal candidate will have no more than 5 years experience and be adept at creating online banners, PPT presentations, typography, and adhearing to brand guidelines for both print and digital collateral.
Reporting into the Head of Global Creative Services and Head of US Client Experience the Graphic Designer is responsible for the smooth coordination and completion of all requests that are channelled through from the various parts of the Business in the US. These requests can be varied in nature and require a high degree of organizational skill to manage the production/coordination of deliverables in the timelines required.
Main responsibilities entail:
- Manage and prioritize the typesetting and adhering to the Brand guidelines for POS, Brochureware, Templates and Factsheets.
- Act as a Brand guardian
- Deal on a day to day basis with all areas of the business especially Client Experience
- The role will also involve liaison with senior management in the production of key business collateral
- Effective workflow management: Proactively project manage workflow across all areas of production, working with the Head of Global Creative Services to set priorities as new work comes in and communicate changes to delivery dates.
- Develop strong and professional relationships with Head of Client Experience and team on a day-to-day basis. With responsibility for tracking and executing jobs in progress and ensuring appropriate resource are available when required.
- Provide robust design input / recommendations for tactical pieces and manage workflow and requests with external vendors according to the Brand Style Guidelines
- Responsibility for on-time delivery of campaign or event related collateral
- Continually exploring areas of efficiency improvements in the production process to help facilitate delivery of information faster.
- Develop strong and professional relationships with external vendors to ensure high levels of quality.
Key Competencies & Skills Technical
- Strong software skills (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft office)
- Excellent knowledge of the Mac/PC environment
- Excellent understanding of marketing and print production process
- Experience in an investment related industry preferred but not essential
- Excellent eye for detail
- 2-3 years experience in a similar design role
- Highly proactive and results orientated, with good project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player and able to work well under pressure, delivering to very tight deadlines and work flexible hours, as required.
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to liaise across the Company, at all levels and be capable of managing external relationships
- Starter, finisher
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude at all times and provide appropriate support to other areas of the business as and when necessary
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward bus or train passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
Background checks required