- Boston, MA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Sara El-Shami
Our innovative Fortune 500 Client is in need of a long-term freelance Sr. UX Designer to join their team, onsite in Boston, MA, 40 hours a week, 12 months with opportunity extend, healthcare benefits provided, 401k, FlexSpend, more.
Our outstanding Client Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. They also prize themselves on being a great place to work, and strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals. They believe diversity makes them stronger so they can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
What You Will Do:
- As Sr. User Experience Designer on the Institutional Retirement Digital Platform Team within Retirement and Personal Wealth Solutions, you will focus on creating delightful digital experiences for Institutional Retirement Products, e.g. - 401(k), Health Benefit Solutions, that will help retirement plan participants reach their financial goals
- In this role, you will work closely with Product Managers to understand objectives and goals of the product capability, and with Technology Partners to identify enablers and constraints.
- Designing for customer and product experiences for web and mobile platforms, you will use your broad design skills and user behavior insights to develop digital experiences
- Unpack complex challenges and create a plan to untangle the complexity and transform it into tangible results and create strategic product stories that balances user, business and tech value
- Work with software developers and engineers to deliver on design requirements in an agile development environment
- Actively participates in design meetings and critiques, ensuring adherence to standards while keeping an eye out for improvements or reasonable exceptions
- Owns your schedule and delivers on time
What You Need:
- 8+ years of well-rounded design experience along with an outstanding portfolio
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or related discipline
- Mastery of Axure, Sketch, inVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, and other design, communication and prototyping tools
- You should be a highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and an intense focus on achieving results, collaborates and builds trust with design, product, and tech partners, proactively seeks out strategic partnerships across organizations at every level
- Embrace the opportunity to work in an office while collaborating with teammates and partners in other locations
- Financial or similar industry experience
- Mastery of human-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes such as Lean XD and Design Sprints
What is it like working with Aquent?
I’m glad you asked! Contracting long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hours per week)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward transportation passes)
- Direct Paycheck Deposit
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you! If you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We’ve worked with this financial client for many years, though not dating back quite so far as when they were originally known as The Bank of Italy! Groundbreaking in 1904, with the founder’s daughter being the first woman to serve on any Board of Directors, and groundbreaking now, with their creating user-centered experiences for its digital platforms - mobile app, responsive web, ATM, Artificial Intelligence and other emerging technologies.
We place candidates in long-term freelance roles with several departments here. Many welcome the opportunity to return again and again, and many are able to move on to agency roles, since the internal creative and digital agencies are run so closely to a traditional agency.
Talk about the best of both worlds! Trade off between corporate and agency throughout your creative career, and add them both to your expanding resume!
Aquenters working here are also well connected, even though the company itself is so big. We buddy you up internally, and make sure we’re not letting too much time lapse between happy hours!