- Pennington,NJ or Boston,MA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- James Ward
The Communications Project Manager position is responsible for managing multiple participant communications and educational materials to promote products and services offered by the Retirement Client Experience & Communications team of our financial client. The Retirement Client Experience & Communications team experiences an extremely high volume of custom communication requests. Continued growth is forecasted which directly impacts the need for quick response to these demands. The candidate will help them execute these communications and enable to meet the deliverables under tight timeframes.
- Manage projects from start to finish, e.g initial kickoff meetings, identify/clarify deliverables with requestors, establishing timelines, organizing estimates, keeping projects on track, obtaining outstanding information, update status in project management tools, managing legal submissions,effectively manage changes, and partner with creative/ production teams to ensure timeframes are met, manage projects through to delivery and invoicing.
- Review communications to ensure fulfilled requests from client, check for changes and updates
- Work directly with Editors, Designers, and Print Buyers, and Communications Consultants on a daily basis to keep projects moving
- Work with Compliance, Registered Principal, and Legal to review/approve materials
- Juggle numerous projects and coordinate back-up support to other project managers as needed
- Constantly be informed of project status/issues across the project management team and work with stakeholders to resolve all issues and effectively manage client expectations.
* 3 + years of Marketing Project management/MarCom/Traffic management experience, within retirement or financial services industry preferred
* Fluency with Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel)
* Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), superior organizational skills, attention to detail
* Critical thinking and negotiation skills
* Proven effectiveness in fast-paced, demanding, client-driven environment.
* Must be able to work in a team environment including clients, designers, communications consultants,
project managers, proofreaders, and management.
* Client relationship experience a plus
* Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or business management.
* Some knowledge of direct mail preferred
We’ve worked with this financial client for many years, though not dating back quite so far as when they were originally known as The Bank of Italy! Groundbreaking in 1904, with the founder’s daughter being the first woman to serve on any Board of Directors, and groundbreaking now, with their creating user-centered experiences for its digital platforms - mobile app, responsive web, ATM, Artificial Intelligence and other emerging technologies.
We place candidates in long-term freelance roles with several departments here. Many welcome the opportunity to return again and again, and many are able to move on to agency roles, since the internal creative and digital agencies are run so closely to a traditional agency.
Talk about the best of both worlds! Trade off between corporate and agency throughout your creative career, and add them both to your expanding resume!
Aquenters working here are also well connected, even though the company itself is so big. We buddy you up internally, and make sure we’re not letting too much time lapse between happy hours!