- Silicon Valley, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- The Creative Strategist - Art Direction role will lead the visual storytelling responsibility in creating original, culturally vibrant, brand engagement: from top level campaign concepts, to paid media advertising, and everything in between.
- As a creative leader, you will play an instrumental role in shaping the visual expression of our brand. You will live and breathe art direction, pop culture, and the latest trends in advertising and technology.
- You will enjoy a mid-sized company atmosphere, with a flat, collaborative culture, including direct access to Business Group teams. You will pitch less and produce more, and get a real opportunity to make an impact on marketing and product experiences.
- You will partner with a copywriting creative strategist and a cross-functional team of marketers, designers, industrial designers, product leaders, technologists, business leaders - to bring ideas to life and products to market.
- As an experienced and innovative art director, you combine a passion for and knowledge of new media, with visual storytelling fundamentals. And you have the portfolio to prove it.
- Come join us in telling the world about the cool new products we are creating, while chasing an award or two along the way.
In this role you will:
- Partner with copywriting creative strategist to take briefs and turn them into big, original, culturally vibrant ideas
- Execute and shepherd art direction from concept and executive buy-in through all stages of creative development, production and post-production - ensuring faithful execution, quality, and brand consistency all the way
- Execute across a wide range of output, from the big one-off campaigns, to the tactical everyday deliverables
- Collaborate with cross-functional and global team members and outside partners, building consensus, understanding, and cooperative working relationships
- Ensure projects are completed on time, with an exceptional level of quality
- Seek to push the brand and our marketing practice into new media, experimenting, testing and tracking
Skills: Key Qualifications
For consideration, you must demonstrate the following minimum skills and behaviors:
- 3-5 years of art direction experience at a creative or internal agency
- Strong conceptual and visual storytelling talent
- Proven experience developing creative ideas across digital and traditional media
- A strong portfolio of original advertising and brand engagement work, including digital, video, and new media
- Understanding of creative considerations across print, website, mobile, online advertising, social media, video, and so on
- Self-driven with the ability to sometimes create work in isolation, and propel work forward
- Ability to thoughtfully and persuasively articulate creative concepts to cross-functional teams
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and partner with resources in the broader Design group to scale and deliver amazing work
- Ability to work across multiple projects and launches while keeping a cool head
- Ability to perform well in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Expert-level proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and other creative apps
- Experience and interest in technology, consumer technology or consumer lifestyle categories
- Big passion, small ego
Focused on innovation and quality, this company designs personal peripherals to help people enjoy a better experience with the digital world. With products sold in more than 100 countries worldwide, they consider themselves the sweet spot for people who are passionate about product, making a mark and having fun doing it. Come join the 7,000+ innovators that make up this tech company’s global family!