- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
This team creates experiences that empower people in the world to discover, go, and share, wherever they are. We’re home to some of the company's most beloved products.
Communication Designers are responsible for representing the company and their own product teams in the most accurate, company-style way possible, all the while improving communication of complex ideas internally and externally. Common deliverables are illustrations, infographics, videos, printed materials, emails, and presentations. Executing these items at scale can also require creating communication systems that could take the shape of website and templates.
As a Communication Designer on the User Experience team, you will be responsible for taking a variety of content such as program updates, user research findings, insights, and data and crafting them into compelling, engaging, and memorable messages aimed at audiences ranging from the global UX team to executives.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Partner with user experience researchers & cross-functional partners to create data visualizations, provide visual storytelling support, and craft communication materials (such as presentations, documents, websites, decks) that disseminate key research findings across the project.
- Provide design vision, art direction, and lead the team to produce the necessary materials, such as event branding, booth design, swag, posters, and etc for internal and external events.
- Recommend & implement new strategies and presentation materials for communicating research findings to our stakeholders.
- A degree in relevant field—Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Web Design, New Media; In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience.
- 4+ years of experience in industry standard software such as Google Apps (Slides, Docs, Sheets), Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Excellent written and visual communication skills in English.
- Samples must be submitted in PDF or Website format.
- An impressive portfolio of online work that includes a breadth of work & styles for information visualizations, illustrations, iconography, print, & visual design.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and the desire to experiment with new ways of presenting complex information.
- 5+ years experience in visual design, UI design, or product design with ability to adapt stylistic range to different brands
- Experience with using & editing video for advertising, marketing, or propaganda.
- Interest in or experience with exhibition & kiosk design.
- Experience working closely with UX and product management teams in the tech industry.
- Great at storytelling and turning insights into sticky headlines.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: