Our Device Design Group is looking for a UX Designer with impeccable craft and attention to detail to help build the next big product that will offer an exciting way for families to interact with home media and information. You will contribute to a product vision, design connected experiences for digital, mobile, and home space, and deliver the interaction and visual design building blocks.
Join a multidisciplinary team of extraordinary UX designers, technologists, animators, and industrial designers. We are equal parts thinkers and doers, analysts and artists, designers and customers. Our goal is to ship both revolutionary and evolutionary products we are proud to use ourselves. This role is based in Seattle, WA.
What We’re Looking For:
UX designer with strategic design background, hybrid IXD / VD toolkit, and exceptional problem-solving skills to thrive within a fast-paced, collaborative, startup-like environment.
• Leverage market research, customer insights, and user analytics to drive why, how, and what we design for our end customers.
• Showcase simple design solutions for complex problems using UI models, conceptual diagrams, user stories, wireframes, storyboards, visual mockups, and simple prototypes.
• Build and maintain a design language system with UX principles, interaction patterns, UI components, and functional specifications for internal and third party developers
• Manage the design process by setting people’s expectations, driving decisions, and tracking issues.
• Articulate design work and rationale to teams, peers, and executives for review and feedback
• Collaborate with Design, Program, and Engineering teams from design concept to design solution, UX guidelines, asset production, and bug fixes to ensure quality all the way to market.
• 5+ years of experience as a UX designer, UI designer, or similar role.
• Bachelor's degree in UX Design or related design discipline.
• Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch
• An online portfolio or samples of work that demonstrate your design thinking, process, and solutions as it relates to web-based tools, mobile applications, and consumer electronics.
• Excellent people, project, and time management skills to perform as a project leader or individual contributor in a collaborative team environment
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with fluency in English.
• Passion for crafting and creating products that bring value to consumer’s daily life, one detail at a time.
• Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
• Experience creating mockups and style guides