POSITION: Junior Designer
EXPERIENCE: Mid level
Our Beauty client seeks a junior designer to join our design team in our Newton, MA location. Candidate should have strong graphic design and concepting skills and enjoy being part of a project from inception to completion. He/she should be comfortable in a multi-disciplinary approach and working on various design and production needs. This individual will work under the guidance of our Design and Marketing leads.
As a designer, you have the understanding that design is an essential tool to strategically growing any business. You will be an idea generator, designing solutions in alignment with project objectives. We are a nimble studio within our company and count on our designers to roll up their sleeves and work on all types of projects big and small. You will have an innate ability to listen, investigate and understand stakeholder needs, seamlessly balancing real-world deadlines while delivering quality design work across multiple touchpoints. Most importantly, our designers are collaborative, building strong and trusted relationships.
- At least 2-4 years of professional design experience
- Degree in design-related field
- Experience in branding, typography, merchandising, packaging design at either an in-house design department or creative agency (beauty industry a plus)
- Digital design (web or app) experience a huge plus
- Ability to present and explain work to to internal teams.
- Demonstrate excellent oral,written and visual communication skills
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong production skills for both print and web
- Strong understanding of prepress procedures
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, PPT/Keynote
- Copywriting promotional and/or advertising experience a plus