Our Leading Consumer Packaged Goods Client is looking for a Graphic Designer!
• Establish and maintain brand identity throughout the creative process of packaging design for clients brand products. Designs adaptive packaging for product line extensions and promotional packaging. Support all levels of mechanical execution for packaging on a deep technical level. Generate 3D render concepts of final and proposed packaging. Generate concepts for Web-based retail sites as needed, based off of packaging branding elements
• Conceptualizing, designing and producing accurate electronic file mechanicals of directed and conceptual graphic design, including logos, graphic elements, layouts, illustrations for brand packaging, digital packaging renders and some specific collateral materials.
• Create illustrations of products with various media to be incorporated into graphic designs for print or multimedia.
• Interpret Marketing Package Design Briefs into package designs that communicate positioning, tone and manner, product benefits and features, and brand equities.
• Develop visually appealing graphic designs that combine branded requirements with Marketing directives, Trade Dress Guidelines and Best Practices.
• Produce accurate electronic mechanical files and accompanying documentation for a variety of print production executions in offset lithography, gravure, flexographic, combination and digital printing
• Take project assignments from conception to finished stage; conceive the look, design, photography manipulation and layout, through to completed mechanical and proofing while adhering to various due dates and schedules.
• Artwork is managed through the utilization of the Blue system. Creation of project templates in BLUE as required and the application of specific file format requirements for system use.
• Minimum Required: BA or BFA from an accredited college in Graphic Design. Relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered but a degree is preferred.
• 3+ years of professional experience as a graphic artist in packaging design
• Must provide a portfolio of past projects demonstrating the ability to create effective designs.
• Recommend experience with designing for displays, illustration ability and photography
• Experience in determining the needs of the client, the message the design should portray and its appeal
to the customers. Plan, analyze and create visual solutions for successful package art.
• Experience providing electronic mechanical art to printers—knowledge of pre-press requirements and
print technology for off-set, flexo, screen printing, adhesive labels and plastic materials. Experience
working directly with, or for a printer is a plus.
• Experience in developing 3D renders through the use of Esko software for tubes pouches production
• Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with strong project management skills.
• Ability to respond quickly within a fast paced environment.
• Self-starter. Able to change priorities, maintain due dates and accuracy.
• Accurate, detail oriented typing. Responsible for proofreading own artwork.
• Good planning, organizing, prioritization, communication skills & command of the English language are a must.
• Comfortable working on projects involving one or several foreign languages with feedback from local sales team and/or translation agency.
• Ability to translate both complex concepts and vague instructions into polished designs using innovative graphics.
• Illustration/drawing ability a plus
• Must possess hi level computer skills in a Mac environment and a mastery of the software Photoshop, Illustrator, Esko Studio suite and Acrobat.
• Knowledge of various software formats (PDF, JPEG, EPS, TIFF, BMP, GIF, Targa, PICT, etc.), appropriate application of each format, interaction between software programs and computer platforms, and requirements for internet graphics usage.
• Knowledge of offset and flexo printing requirements including color management. Background in or understanding of color transformations, trapping, dot gain, efficient layering of files, and max/min requirements of graphic elements.
• Understand requirements of and be able to use various transport media and FTP.
• Knowledge of vector and raster differences.
• Basic knowledge of PC programs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) is a plus.
• Experience creating graphics for branding/corporate identity.
• Ability to balance creativity and out-of-the-box thinking with design conventions and customer
requirements to create an eye catching presence on shelf
• Experience in consumer products is desirable.