- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Ryan Stipes
Assistant technologies will fundamentally change the way humans interact with computing, unlocking computing in a powerful and intuitive way. Augmented Reality will also change our lives as fundamentally as personal computers and smartphones have. AR glasses with Assistant experiences will let you transcend space, conjure objects and devices into existence, and amplify your senses, memory, and cognition. Our mission is centered on designing useful technology and getting it out into the world. We are looking for motivated, team-oriented user experience designers who want to change the world and who are able to thrive in ambiguous new design spaces. Join our team of designers who are inventing the future of Assistant Experiences and help define wearable AR experiences.
Top 3 Responsibilities:
- You will be expected to use your full range of interaction, 3D, motion, visual design, and prototyping skills.
- You’ll be responsible for conceiving, researching, designing, prototyping, and implementing features for future products, from conception to launch.
- You’ll work closely with the Design, Engineering, and Product management teams at AR/VR.
The ideal candidate is a highly creative individual who has experience designing fundamentally new ways of interacting in 3D user interfaces.
This position is full-time and based in Seattle.
- Synthesize broad and ambiguous business requirements and accomplish them through design
- Contribute to strategic decisions, working with the Design, Product, and Executive teams
- Design end-to-end flows and visuals and individually contribute to scenarios and prototypes
- Create prototype-ready assets for internal rapid testing
- Give and solicit feedback from others to raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product
- Partner effectively with product managers, engineers and user researchers, overseeing the implementation of the user experience in prototypes
- Clearly articulate design decisions to various internal stakeholders
- Advocate for product design within AR/VR
- 5+ years of experience in shipping consumer software products with innovative user interfaces
- A portfolio featuring examples of interaction, 3D, motion, visual, and prototyping work
- Experience with Assistant or voice experiences.
- Preferred experience with AR/VR
- Solid communication and presentation experience
- Experience designing in cross-functional environments
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for user research
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Unity and 3D software (C4D, Houdini, Maya, 3dsMax, Blender)
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Please ensure full legal name is on resume.