Aquent's Fortune500 client in Richfield, MN is looking for a UX Researcher for a 5 month assignment (40/hrs 5 days on site) with potential to extend beyond. With travel outside of Minnesota that will be 10-15% of the time.
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
• Create research plan, which includes methodologies, objectives and baseline tasks/goals.
• Obtain insight from stakeholders on the needs they have to define the proper research.
• Create store visit and screener documents to ensure target market and targeted user groups are properly identified.
• Define user tasks and scenarios for research materials to achieve study objectives
• Develop discussion guides for research
• Facilitate one-on-one usability testing sessions
• Moderate ethnography/contextual sessions
• Report and analyze test findings into a clear format and deliver to larger multi-disciplinary team
• Comfortable with peer reviews and critique/discussion around methodology
• Ability to create end-user profiles/personas/archetypes
• Collaborate with Senior Manager and Associate Manager in creating presentations and ensuring themes found in research are properly communicated in findings report.
• Ask thoughtful questions to derive understanding of needs, and seek answers when they aren't readily available.
Normal Day in the life:
Meeting with project teams, heads down planning research, conducting research, heads down compiling reports from research
50% - desk time – planning, reporting
30% - meeting
20% - facilitating
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of User Research principles, methodologies and deliverables.
• Intermediate ability to communicate end-user needs and solutions effectively, build consensus, and justify decisions.
• Ability to analyze data to arrive at meaningful findings, and the difference between data vs. insight.
• Qualitative user experience research methods including heuristic evaluation, usability testing, concept testing, field research, ethnography, discovery research, paper prototyping, remote research and guerilla methods.
• Testing applications on a variety of platforms (desktop, tablet, mobile) and understands the intricacies, challenges and best practices of conducting research on these platforms.
• Both moderated and unmoderated research approaches
Preferred Skills/Nice to have:
• Ability to create/maintain personas
• Ability to self-define needed research process within specific cross-functional product teams.
• Detailed-oriented individual that can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
3. UserTesting (optional)
Soft Skills needed:
4. Attention to Detail