- Position can be done remotely - client is in Hartford, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
Our large corporate client is seeking a Brand Strategy Consultant to assist on their Brand Strategy & Governance team. The consultant will provide counsel and advice to top management on significant Advertising & Branding matters, often requiring coordination between organizations. The consultant will also focus on providing thought leadership and technical expertise across multiple disciplines. In this role, the Consultant will be recognized internally as “the go-to person” for the most complex Branding assignments.
In general, this team is responsible for:
- Asset development, protection, and maintenance (including name development, logo license agreement approvals, and coordination with Intellectual Property to file and maintain global trademark registrations for names, logo marks, and taglines)
- Brand architecture strategic development, including short and long-term planning around the best ways to structure our unique capabilities, product lines, and sub-brands
- Brand Guidelines development/refinement across channels and sub-brands to help communicators consistently, and clearly articulate our brand globally
- Co-branding constructs: helping business partners develop appropriate ways to articulate relationships between two or more brands (logo and text), depending on the objectives and contract terms.
- Jurisdiction over U.S. and International Markets, working with partners across the globe and in multiple time zones
Primary responsibilities for this role:
- Help business partners interpret or troubleshoot brand challenges based on existing brand guidance (training and resources will be provided).
- Strategic Naming skills: while we have a well-documented process and support resources, this role will provide consultation to our business partners in order to determine if a name is really needed, and then help to identify the most salient positioning territory. Coordinating with other Governance resources, and Creative Strategy is available, so this work is done in partnership and collaboration with others. Once names are developed, this role is responsible for leading the presentation back to the business partners and helping to coordinate socialization.
- Help provide business consultation on the creation of new wordmarks and logos (design skills/software not necessary)
- Participate actively in ongoing brand strategy conversations with internal and agency partners as we evaluate our brand portfolio. Draw from past experiences, or any classical training on brand architecture development.
Additional responsibilities as needed:
- Basic budget tracking, working in close collaboration with a budget manager, operations manager, and brand team to track program expenses against defined budget totals.
- Share and socialize ideas with key stakeholders, ensuring that peer colleagues are kept well-informed of decisions. Work collaboratively in a highly-matrixed environment with a variety of stakeholders.
- Help consolidate monthly updates from team for leadership report-outs
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Desired candidates will bring:
- 8-15 years of educational and work experience is ideal in branding, agency, or strategy consulting. A graduate degree in marketing is not required, but helpful.
- Knowledge of healthcare insurance or health services industries is very helpful, but not required. Experience in corporate brand management is desired
- Succinct writing ability is critical, particularly experience writing to executive audiences (for status updates and project summaries)
- Design skills not necessary, but experience with visual brand design (evaluating options, providing feedback related to spacing, size, color, fonts, etc. is good to have)
- Ability to review and provide guidance to more junior team members is very important—while this role does not have formal management/coaching requirements, we work collaboratively and build off of each other’s ideas to improve the work output. This role is expected to help review presentations or emails developed by others, and offer suggestions for improvements.
- Professionalism and good judgment are key. After receiving initial training, the candidate in this role is expected to perform with minimal supervision. A lot of trust is extended, and in return, the person in this role will have the autonomy to prioritize work on their own.
Successful candidates must pass a background check and drug test prior to start.