- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Katie Denfeld
The Global Editorial team is part of the Global Communications team. The purpose of the Editorial Team is to develop proactive and creative content aligned to a themed editorial calendar and seasonality and trends to advance the reputation of the company in both earned and owned channel.
As the Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of one of our key social channels. Reporting to the Editorial Lead, this role will be responsible for developing and implementing a social media channel strategy that delivers on communications objectives and business goals.
Key Areas of Focus Include:
- Managing social content calendar - drafting and publishing both organic and promoted content in line with the company’s global editorial calendar.
- Act as the main point of contact to coordinate response for reactive, newsworthy moments.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT:
- Think like a community manager and understand how to create daily social content, and engage in conversation with our global community of followers and partners, in collaboration with Social Customer Experience team as needed.
- Reporting on content performance against established KPIs and tracking budget for ROI analysis.
- STAKEHOLDER ALIGNMENT:
- Ensure that the social content reflects the inputs from cross-functional teams so that we are telling the broader brand story.
- 5-7 years relevant experience in social media channel management.
- Preference for experience working on a large scale and innovative brand in the consumer internet space for travel, design, technology, or lifestyle and/or for a social platform.
- Deep knowledge and familiarity with social media management and performance tools (native and third-party)
- Advanced experience in copywriting, adherence to brand guidelines and tone of voice
- Ability to design and implement channel strategy informed by best practices
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and creative thinking
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Experience in communications, influencer engagement. Interest in and curiosity for media moments, pop culture, and travel trends
- You think and act like an entrepreneur: you are resourceful and goal-driven
- Able to work independently while working in close collaboration with teammates
Founded in 2008, this company represents a global travel community that offers magical end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet. This website and app uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. The accommodation marketplace offers access to millions of places to stay in more than 191 countries, from apartments and villas to castles, treehouses and B&Bs. With Experiences, people can see a different side to a destination through unique, handcrafted activities run by locals, while a partnership app provides access to the best local restaurants in selected countries. All of this is brought together in one easy-to-use and beautifully designed website and app.
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, they work hard, they laugh a lot, they brainstorm nonstop, they use hundreds of Post-Its a week, and they give the best high-fives in town.
Working here will give you the opportunity to:
- Create: They build the best experience for their community - as a team.
- Learn: They look inside and outside for inspiration and learning.
- Play: Life is what happens when you're busy working. They make sure to enjoy it.
Please ensure full legal name is on resume.