- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kevin Witthuhn
Our client is looking for a Sr UX Interaction Designer. This is an on-site 12-months assignment (potential to extend) with benefits - Medical Dental and 401K.
The Sr UX Interaction Designer is responsible for software design across mobile, web and desktop platforms. Works within a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, prototypers and researchers. Works with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for our users. Business is driven by looking through our clients’ eyes, which makes it a great place to practice user-centered design. Purpose is designing tools and experiences that enable users to achieve their financial goals.
The team is responsible for:
• Facilitate collaborative design sessions including sketching and ideation.
• Lead design reviews and drive decisions.
• Effectively “sell” design solutions to partners through design storytelling and by demonstrating trace-ability in the design thinking.
• Represent the design team brand, and deliver a consistent design process to partners.
• Understand great designs are achieved iteratively.
• Visualize ideas in a clear form (sketch, diagram, wireframe or prototype) and provide appropriate level documentation.
• Set expectations with the project team and prioritize activities.
• Create and maintain design schedules.
• Communicate status and agreements with project team.
• Review work with UX managers, keep them updated on project status and escalate items appropriately.
Design Expertise and Execution
• Maintain the high standards set by the group.
• Conduct the primary design activities, create deliverables and conduct QA at an expert level.
• Participate and support research efforts.
• Commit to improving our process and methods with an emphasis on both effectiveness and efficiency.
Teamwork, Collaboration and Engagement
• Work well with all partners to deliver work.
• Support UX team members.
• Strategically listen to feedback and help guide the delivery
• Collaborative and cooperative.
• Has a design position but is not rigidly fixed when presented with new information.
• Passionate about team, our mission and the needs of our partners and users.
• Enthusiastic about UX design.
Empathy & Curiosity
• Understand user needs, walking in their shoes when possible.
• Focus on innovation and improvement.
• Regularly learns more about design theory, practice and tools.
Why your work matters:
• You will support an engaged set of users who rely on our products to manage their financial lives
• By researching and understanding the user needs you will be able to impact how our users do business.
• You will learn how balance functionality against complexity on a highly visible platform which serves millions of advisors and retail customers.
• You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment.
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion (almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department)
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!
Additional Job Details:
What you have:
• 10 + years of rich interaction design focused on digital products.
• 1+ year of interaction design experience for touch-based mobile interfaces is a plus
• An online portfolio demonstrating interaction design process and thinking
• Experienced with all aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications.
• Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative process and an Agile development methodology.
• Strong self-management skills, comfortable with substantial responsibility, working directly with our client partners
• Capable of creating and managing your design project schedules
• Proficient in design tools like Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure
• Experience running design sessions with cross-functional teams
• Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types.
• Comfort in a project-oriented work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic. Ideally experienced in Agile methodology.