- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Cassie Hunter
AQUENT is supporting a luxury skin care brand in their search for an Editorial/Print Designer! This is a FT Freelance position onsite in NYC, projected to run three months.
This role sits within the Global Creative Department of the leading beauty company in the country. The creative department includes a tight team of creatives who work across all design aspects of the brand. Whether supporting digital initiatives, planning the loyalty program, developing b2b brochures, building exciting in-store experiences, or designing national advertising, the team mentality is to roll up your sleeves to get things done! This is a fast paced and innovative company with a culture that thrives on constant learning and a collaborative driven team environment.
An award winning global skincare brand is seeking an Editorial Designer for a 3 month project. Ideally, you will have come from an editorial background and have a very strong grasp on the foundations of print layouts, typography and design. The role is split as 80% Print | 20% Digital. This position reports to the AVP of Global Creative.
• Quick thinker
• You are comfortable doing your own production/execution work
• Experience in both print and digital
We’re excited about talent with:
• Experience in BOTH concepting page layouts and executing them
• Be able to conceptualize quickly and work to tight deadlines
• Understanding of beauty/fashion/lifestyle space
• Strong understanding of basic graphic design principles.
• Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Strong leadership, negotiation and consensus-building skills.
• Ability to learn on the fly in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with tight deadlines.
Working with AQUENT gives you access to some pretty cool things:
1. You're paid weekly with the option for direct deposit Subsidized Health/Vision/Dental (including term life and LTD) benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk). Learn more about our awesome benefits here: https://aquent.com/our-dna/healthcare
2. Access to Fidelity 401(k)
3. Access to the Flexible Spending Account Program (pre-tax payment toward commuter passes, etc.)
4. Talent Rewards Program (we pay cash for referrals!)
5. Free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
6. Free online courses via Lynda.com
7. Aquent Support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations. We're also there to help you find new opportunities when you're finishing up your current role.
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.