Opportunity to join an eCommerce Giant in San Jose as a Visual Designer!
Join the growing Visual Studio’s team of experienced professionals to create amazing graphics and video experiences for one of the largest online marketplaces. The Senior Graphic Designer will work within the Creative Services department including Editorial and Content teams, and report directly to the Manager of Visual Design. The ideal candidate will be accountable for the execution of assigned design and animation projects and will help deliver successful, presentations, print materials, campaign extensions and digital content for key stakeholders across a range of company initiatives. The Senior Graphic Designer will utilize their strong conceptual, design, and animation skills that include, but are not limited to; visualization, typographic layouts, iconography and infographic design to create wonderful, on-point, visual experiences across multiple mediums and through multiple channels. Must have solid knowledge of the latest suite of Adobe programs and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and attention to detail while executing a consistent creative and narrative design.
The ideal candidate is collaborative and loves working as part of a fast paced, creative team, partnering with multiple internal clients to produce the best possible work. They will also participate in brainstorms for new communications channels as well as existing internal campaigns, set designs, various product demo projects and live event content. They should be able to communicate design and visual choices as well as project status. The Senior Graphic Designer will work across the organization to support a variety of internal and external initiatives with internal clients while maintaining quality, cohesion of message, and the client brand.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with Communications VPs and senior leaders as well as executives across the company.
• Responsible for coming up with creative design ideas for multiple “campaigns” and live events
• Use Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects to a high standard, having a great knowledge of plugins and how to create specific visual effects to create the proper story.
• Understand the unique voice and tone of a company and be able to translate into applicable visuals.
• Work creatively and efficiently to yield the best possible result.
• Share insights on how to refine and improve our design process
• Bring energy and enthusiasm, sparking creativity with new sources of inspiration
• Lead artwork preparation, image search, and plenty of 2D/3D animation.
• Problem solve independently, ready to multitask and manage more than one project at a time.
• Well-versed in UX and user-centered methods and principles.
• Potential deliverables include, email, newsletters, infographics, digital displays, presentations, web, product demos, digital event experiences, social media graphics, image libraries.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
• You have 6+ years of graphic design and multimedia experience in house or at an agency.
• You're skilled in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Having deep animation experience using After Effects is a must
• Cinema 4D experience is a bonus
• Keynote/PowerPoint MASTER of Storytelling in these mediums
• Your expertise lies in visuals with strong design aesthetics and sensibilities
• You’re efficient and ready to meet tight deadlines
• You can collaborate with internal stakeholders and on both quick-turn (same day) and long-term planned programs.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills with attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, and good attitude in a collaborative setting.
• Ability to work with audiences ranging from super technical engineers to world class marketers.
• Excellent presentation skills, comfortable with presenting to the most senior leadership team including the CEO.
• This is a full-time role that requires presence in the San Jose office every day.
• Calm in high pressure situations
Please Provide Supporting Material when applying for this position:
• Online portfolio of recent work, both live and screen grabs of interactive work
Show the full breadth of branded marketing and communications materials from print to digital to PowerPoint/Keynote.
• Show the thought process on how you solved a problem.