Sr. Environmental Designer - Tradeshow - Event
Our client is one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. Their internal creative agency manages the development and production of meetings, events, videos, and multi-media.
In this position you will be working on-site in our client's office in the West Loop. You will report to the Aquent Studios Program Manager also working on-site.
We’re looking for highly talented and trained Environmental Sr. Graphic Designer (Art Director to Creative Director level) to work on a variety of branded environments - from singular exhibitions to live events. He/She should understand the built environment and the technical needs from concept to production of the full range of environmental graphics - from wayfinding to content graphics, for print as well as digital (LED walls as an example). As a seasoned member of the design team, the Senior Environmental Designer is responsible for advancing the client brand by creating unique, innovative, and thoughtful environmental experiences for large format events, meetings, conferences and convention/trade shows. This individual will be responsible for considering the relationships between body, materials, space and emotion in their designs. To be successful in this role, the Senior Environmental Designer will need a strong understanding of Environmental Design Guidelines, and outputs for top consulting firms. In addition to Environmental design this role will also require involvement in supporting our design needs for other campaigns, in web, digital and print capacity. The primary focus will be on environmental design, but this person embodies the highest level of creativity and commitment to internal and external stakeholder satisfaction across highly technical, strategic, and/or executive-level projects.
• Responsible for considering the relationships between body, materials, space, light and emotion in all environmental experiences.
• Works collaboratively with all creative teams (designers, writers, production) to advance the visual brand vision and implement design strategies for stakeholders across all channels; produce cohesive designs across projects.
• Meets with project leads and key stakeholders to define and determine project parameters; keeps project lead apprised of all project statuses and concerns; manages feedback and revision process.
• Actively mentors less experienced designers directly or indirectly as necessary.
• 8+ years design experience in an agency or corporate environment; working for similar size clients
• BA or BS in a Design related field or
• Strong understanding of business and related industry
• Stay current with emerging cultural, style and design trends
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines while staying flexible
• Effectively works within budgets and high capacity timelines
• Professional maturity; self-reliable
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Embrace, advocate and model company goals and beliefs
• A sense of urgency and a whatever-it-takes get-it done attitude
• A strong level of knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite products
• A high level of comfort presenting work to internal stakeholders and clients
• Experience with a diverse range of materials, manufacturing and fabrication methods
• Strong visualization skills including: 3D renders, 2d design and hand drawn sketches
• Experience in Sketchup/Cinema 4D, 3D Studio Max or AutoCad is a plus
This person needs to be highly conceptual with the ability to not only to conceptualize designs but assist in developing event experience as well.