- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainment client in El Segundo is looking to add a Sr Product Manager to their team. This is a temporary role slate to go through the end of the year and could extend.
#1 screening criteria is experience with full-stack or back-end teams
The Video Product Management team within the Mobility & Entertainment Group is charged with creating performant cross-platform entertainment experiences for video consumers. The ideal candidate for our team will be passionate about television, movies, entertainment, and technology. He/She will have an understanding of the evolving video streaming industry and be a champion for the consumer. He/she will then execute against a strategic product vision to deliver small, medium and long term initiatives creating best-in-class entertainment experiences for millions of our subscribers. The candidate will be part of a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes.
In this role, you will…
- Establish and deliver innovative video product releases that are part of a multi-year roadmap.
- Lead scrum teams as a product owner.
- Be looked to as the creator of new/cutting-edge ways of thinking, creating and executing on product ideas.
- Lead the creation of streaming apps on a brand-new video platform from ideation all the way through development, deployment and management.
- Help define and articulate long-term strategies for cross-platform video streaming services.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators.
- Research and analyze emerging trends in the marketplace and consistently benchmark competition.
- Understand and communicate consumer behavior for existing products and features.
- Create product documentation including product requirements and use case definitions.
- Cultivate and manage strong relationships among working teams and leadership across Engineering, Operations, Design, IT, Marketing, Programming, Retail/Sales and Legal.
- 3 to 6 years of experience in managing and leading digital product development
- Curiosity and an understanding of digital products, specifically OTT, UGC & TV Everywhere streaming services (e.g. DIRECTV Everywhere, DIRECTV Now, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Snapchat, FB Video).
- Experience with software development best practices, continuous delivery, lean, and DevOps
- Excellent critical thinking skills – ability to size up a problem and break it down to digestible portions.
- Exceptional user experience intuition and understanding across different consumption platforms.
- Analytic rigor and data driven mindset.
- Experience in agile development process (Scrum, Kanban) strongly preferred.
- Understanding of how to develop rapid prototypes, A/B testing, and iterative development practices.
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders on highly complex projects.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be self-motivated and accountable, owning projects from inception to launch.
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment and react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently to shifting priorities.
- Undergraduate degree required
The world loves TV! But the traditional world of video content distribution and consumption is changing dramatically. Our client is leading the way, as a top provider of digital television entertainment services, and backed by one of the world’s largest communication companies, delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, and unmatched programming to more than 37 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America.
As a marketer, designer, developer, writer, or manager, if your passion is technology, this is where to look! Our client is innovating ways to bring not only its day-to-day technical products to the consumer, but is also keeping up the way they’re offering them, constantly adapting the standard of their own apps and digital experience. As part of their team, you’d be contributing to that innovation and digital experience, while gaining the experience that comes from working with two major technology brands.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers