Aquent's Fortune500 client in Minneapolis, MN is looking for a UX Writer for a 6 month + assignment with potential to extend beyond.
We’re looking for a skilled UX Writer to help create intuitive, engaging experiences for the people who use our web site and mobile apps. As a member of the Experience Design team, you’ll join a passionate, creative group and have the opportunity to hone and build skills to create easy-to-use experiences that delight our users. You’ll work side-by-side with fellow UX designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to define and shape Best Buy’s digital experiences.
• An experienced UX writer who thinks strategically and can envision impactful ways to solve our customers’ problems.
• A skilled wordsmith and problem-solver who can translate complex ideas and business requirements into clear, concise, friendly language.
• A person who loves thinking about words and who is passionate about the details. You understand the importance of the right words, with the right design, in the right context.
• Able to articulate the thinking behind your decisions.
• Curious, compassionate, analytical, creative, and self-motivated.
• Familiar with user-centered design principles and best practices, including content strategy and how it supports UX copy.
In this role, you will:
• Play a pivotal role in shaping and defining Best Buy’s digital experiences.
• Craft simple and human copy that adheres to brand and style guidelines.
• Make thoughtful decisions based on research, data, brand voice, and customer and business needs – and be able to provide a rationale for your decisions.
• Ask the big questions: What’s the user trying to accomplish? What customer problem are we trying to solve? What would I expect this experience to look like? How else could this interaction work?
• Build and maintain strong, positive working relationships with other UX designers and writers, product owners, researchers, engineers, and business stakeholders.
• Help establish how the brand voice comes to life at different points in the customer experience.
• Be an advocate for the customer and the content.
• Work on agile, cross-functional product teams and handle multiple projects at once.
• Ideate to solve user problems.
• Research other web sites and digital experiences to stay up-to-date on competitive and similar experiences.