This global coffee brand based in Seattle is looking for a talented UX designer! This is the innovative, Research & Design team that believes in digging deeper to figure out how technology should work for our retail partners (employees). They’re looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join their team and likes to work in all facets of human centered design. They are a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by an iterative process and they combine research, data, and thoughtful critique, discovering the needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for thousands of store partners. Potential for flexibility as the project has a longer roadmap and this person would be supporting innovative updates for using digital products in the stores!
We’re looking for a driven UX Designer to refine this brands simplicity and apply it to new, amazing, and appealing user experiences. We have a few projects in the pipeline, and we are tackling our entire experience across web, client, and mobile. There are countless UX challenges and we feel like we are in a unique position to change the way our store partners (employees) interact with digital. You’ll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that form the product. You’ll use your
full range of skills in user experience to build great products. Our Seattle office is filled with the tools you need, and we’re looking for you to join an awesome and delightful team.
• Demonstrates a deep expertise and passion for the many facets of human-centered design and user experience spanning UX strategy, interactive design, user research/assessment, prototyping, visual design, and motion design.
• Collaborates with product management to define features and how they map to customer and business need.
• This person will look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways.
• This person will also be actively involved in defining product strategy
• Works closely with the scrum team to drive design to fruition
• Prioritizes own work and contributes to the prioritization of team’s work and projects.
• Contributes to building and maintaining a strong team-oriented environment
• Remains informed and brings latest digital trends and process methodologies across web and mobile
• Ability to provide level of effort intakes for new products, projects, or ad hoc requests
• 5+ years professional experience creating and walking stakeholders through user journeys, wires, prototypes, usability studies, and other design deliverables.
• An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
• This person must be a self-starter who actively seeks ways to make the brands experience both visually appealing and easy to use.
• Must look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways.
• Must understand the technical limitations and liberties behind decisions and have enough chops to communicate ideas to engineers and the rest of the team.
• Experience designing for the web and native iOS and understanding how to apply both form and function within it while maintaining simplicity.
• Thinking in terms of human centered design and making rational design decisions.
• Constantly pushing limits and searching for opportunities to become better.
• Must thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in User Experience.
• We’re looking for someone with a little more user research experience this time!
o Proficient using project tracking systems (i.e. JIRA)
o must be able to deliver on deadlines
o Have conducted usability studies
o Ability to learn from critique, apply feedback and be able to critique other products
o Impeccable written and verbal communication
o team collaboration skills are unparalleled.
TOP 3 HARD SKILLS:
1 5+ years of UI/ UX experience (this should be #1, must have the ability to lead the project/ mentor a junior designer)