- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Janna Karstens
Our client in the financial services industry is seeking a Sr. Visual Designer for a 12 month assignment.
- 3+ years of experience
- Strong corporate visual design examples required
- Must have experience working with Brand guidelines and complex design UI system
- General knowledge of how designs translate to development requirements is a plus
- Financial industry experience a plus
- Under general supervision, leads the creation of visual design recommendation and required artifacts. Collaborates with creative, product, technical and business stakeholders.
- Participates in gathering and analyzing user data (qualitative, quantitative) to inform the design. Creates artifacts such as mockups, typographic systems, animation, interactive or static prototypes, illustration and photography deliverables and recommendations.
- Designs solutions inclusive of user requirements, design patterns & best practices, technology trends and project requirements. Gathers and incorporates feedback from end users, project stakeholders, technical and design teams. Works with UX designers and writers to create final artifacts.
- Presents design concepts and explains rationale to team members and stakeholders. Receives and analyzes feedback and makes appropriate adjustments to recommendations.
- Provides input to technical teams during development phase to ensure interactions are developed as designed. Monitors feedback and analytics to recommend and prioritize iterative improvements.
- Creates prototypes to illustrate design and interaction concepts. Demonstrates advanced skills with industry standard prototyping software on Mac OS.
- Demonstrates user experience leadership to the creative team. Provides thought leadership, expertise and mentorship to others. Initiates and leads projects to improve overall digital experience by continuously evaluating user behavior, design and structure.
- Partners with external vendors to influence and advocate for consistency and usability standards. Collaborates within team and other departments to leverage and share ideas and recommendations to apply broadly across multiple channels.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of design and prototyping software and techniques on MAC OS
- Demonstrates the ability to lead projects of significant size and scope
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively influence senior leaders on design matters
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in broad areas relating to user experience, technology and design
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues for managers and team members; demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of moderate complexity
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate and develop/maintain working relationships inside and outside the organization to enable effective completion of business objectives
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization
- Requires 4-6 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
Fully on-site - DTLA/Bunker Hill - 90071