Our global banking and financial client seeks a seasoned User Researcher to support research initiatives across a digital customer experience group. The opportunity is long-term with potential to convert to permanent and sits on-site in Columbus, Ohio.
This role will support the direction, vision, and methodology for our growing team. You will need a hands-on approach, and the ability to help develop strategies for implementation.
You will advocate for the user in all you do; applying a deep and insightful approach to user understanding. You are creative in your thinking and application of design methodologies, recruitment strategies and tool development. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, being proactive and getting face time with our customers.
- 3-5+ years of experience in user experience research and design (qualitative and quantitative research) OR Related Masters Degree + 1 year of experience
- Undergraduate degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field required, Masters an advantage
- Experience in a variety of industries and platforms; digital, mobile and product design for example
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
- Effective communication of research results and recommendations across roles & levels, internal and external to the team
- Awareness and practical understanding of traditional and new research methodologies and recruitment strategies
- Understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experience design
- Proven understanding of design principles, design planning and the role of insights and research in informing and leading strategy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A focus on timely, relevant, visual and engaging outputs
- Experience with multiple user research methodologies such as Usability Testing, Contextual inquiries, Group Sessions, Participatory Design
Last but not least let’s go over a little about us here at Aquent, so you know what you are getting into with this incredible partnership!
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
− Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
− Access to Fidelity 401(k)
− Access to FSA Program
− Direct deposit for your paycheck
− Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
− Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
− Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
− Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)