We are hiring an Art Director with 5 – 10 years of industry experience in art direction, brand development, creative concepting, design, storytelling, or executing brand-building activations and campaigns for an e-commerce client who is Headquarted in San Francisco, CA Must be flexible to work in the San Jose location a couple days a week. Shuttle available.
Are you a passionate designer, thinker, collaborator and brand builder? Is your best work done when you’re developing innovative design experiences that either leverage industry best practices or create new ones? The Art Director at our e-retail client combines a passion for digital design innovation, conceptual thinking and flawless execution at one the world’s leading brands. This role is part of a small but influential team of senior-level creative partners with an attention to detail, and an acute awareness of the consumer mindset and the entire customer journey. The right candidate will have strong teamwork and communication skills, as well as the ability to juggle several projects at once and adhere to tight deadlines. A sense of humor is a must. And have 5 – 10 years of industry experience in art direction, brand development, creative concepting, design, storytelling, or executing brand-building activations and campaigns.
A thinker. You can get your hands dirty with the best of them - making and designing - but what really makes you tick is the idea, the concept, the creative strategy that informs the execution. You can think of any 10 ways to slice a creative request, but you won’t settle for anything less than bold, original, unexpected, exciting. You ground your ideas in insight and back them up with strategy from the brief. Then you push the boundaries of the brand to innovate.
A leader. The larger creative team looks to you for guidance, support, development, and feedback. You can build programs and tiger teams from ground up. Your thought leadership helps shape onsite brand positioning.
A collaborator. Art is flat without copy. Ideas are unimportant if they don’t meet the brief. Creation starts with objectives. Breathtaking designs work within the site framework. You partner with cross functional business partners across marketing, merchandising and the larger creative organization to turn the who, what, when, and where into the how.
A digital innovator. Our storefront is the web; our salespeople are your designs. You design thumb-stopping, best-in-class creative that evolves the
brand—and you do it thoughtfully and scalable-y. You have a hands-on command of digital marketing fundamentals that make your ideas effective.
Specific skills required include Art Direction, Design, Concept Development, Typography, Photo Layout, Application of Color Theory & Accessibility, Creating Guidelines, Team Leadership, expertise with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop including graphic layout, illustration, and retouching. A history within advertising or branding agency/department is critical.
• As a highly conceptual designer, work closely with copy and photography leads to develop ideas and design innovations, ultimately shaping campaign concepts and creative direction.
• Lead solid designs in support of creative strategy, under the direction of the ACD or CD.
• Model superior critical thinking, bringing the Creative Brief and the brand to bear with every project.
• Participate in workshops, reviews, and creative presentations to assist adherence to the campaign objectives.
• Collaborate effectively with internal and agency partners including strategy, creative, regional and global teams.
• Deliver clear creative feedback and guidance to internal stake-holders and creative executors, always actionable and on-brand.
• Drive a collaborative, positive culture where team members are empowered and set up for project success.
• 5 – 10 years of industry experience in art direction, brand development, creative concepting, design, storytelling, or executing brand-building activations and campaigns.
• High level of creative instincts, design skills, and conceptual thinking.
• Extraordinary communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
• Ability to persuasively influence up, down, and across organizations.
• Ability to direct and develop designers.
• Ability to educate and advise partners with all levels of creative skill.
• Well-organized with impeccable attention to detail.
• Exceptional time management skills.
• Ability to encourage and learn from a diverse and talented team.
• Strong understanding of best-in-class creative, design tools, and technology trends to prototype and deliver activations across digital channel.
• Proven track record delivering innovative creative execution, creatively solving problems, and engaging audiences via strategic and effective campaigns and/or experiences.
Please note Work schedule:
For SF LOCATION: 2 days SF, 2 days in San Jose, Fridays team WFH
San Jose: SJ each day and Friday WFH
Opportunity to work in a giant brand to an audience of millions
Exciting opportunity to build something out of nothing
Join a healthy creative team with diverse work
Help shape a giant brand with a huge audience
Ability to dip toe in a ton of areas
Drive copy of art direction within brand guidelines