- Position can be done remotely on East Coast schedule - client is in Hartford, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our client is seeking a consultant to work with them as a Brand Research Advisor to develop and drive a research agenda to support insight deployment and delivery to the brand team focusing on the creative evaluation research needs from concept testing to copy testing. Mastery of qual and quant research, analytical skills, and ability to collaborate across all levels of an organization are required. These include, but are not limited to, business and research objective development and alignment, advanced research design, vendor management, applying data analysis including advanced techniques, and reporting insights and implications that are concise, meaningful, and critical in guiding business advancement.
The Brand Research Advisor will be responsible for making the critical connections needed to build relationships with the brand team, other marketing stakeholders, the creative and media agencies, the research vendors and other Marketing Insight colleagues.
This Consultant will be responsible for ensuring research is designed and conducted with business actions in mind, at the highest quality levels so as to build trust and confidence in the findings, insights and implications to support key business decisions.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Keeping up to date on latest methodologies and technology
- Compliance with internal and external regulations
- Synthesis of insights across multiple projects, sources etc.
- Clear and convincing communication of insights
- Championing strategies that provide deep and broad-based consumer & client, and marketplace knowledge
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in driving a research agenda with real impact within a matrix organization, in a complex business, and in a competitive and fast-paced environment. Further, the ideal candidate will be an expert in all aspects of research design and execution, comfortable leading in a highly collaborative setting, ability to effectively influence and work with senior leaders, and a strong mentor and manager to develop junior research talent.
Desired skills and experience should include:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years’ experience and demonstrate increasing responsibility in their previous roles.
- Preferred Master’s degree in Marketing Science/Market Research, Economics or Statistics or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience managing research vendors and advertising/marketing agencies
- Understanding of health industry or broader financial services
- Experience in brand and customer satisfaction tracking studies
- Prior experience on both the vendor and client-side
- Proven ability to build and drive a research agenda aligned to business objectives and strategies
- Demonstrated expertise in consumer and B2B research
- Proven experience managing and extracting insights from both quantitative and qualitative research
- Able to combine and reconcile information from a variety of sources – qualitative, quantitative, custom, and business metrics – to develop convincing business plans
- Ability to balance the science of market research with sound, practical insights
- Ability to influence senior leaders
- Initiative and drive for results; problem solver. Keen to improve organizational effectiveness
- Quick study, high energy, self-starter, approachable, and collaborative
- Flexible and manages changes with priorities / objectives
- Influential and impactful presentation and communication skills
- Business acumen
- Team player
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check.