We are seeking a Communications Project Manager with writing skills for an approximate 2 month fill in at one of our valued clients in the Energy industry.
Works independently to assist and coordinate the development and implementation of communication plans and strategies. Acts as primary communications consultant to Light Oils and Lubricants business units, as well as other corporate departments. Actively manages multiple communication projects within timelines and budgets. Acts as liaison between client and Brand Communications team (print and web), as well as external creative resources.
1. Informational writing. Conduct pertinent research, including interviews with subject-matter experts (executives, content owners, project managers, end users, etc.). Craft different messages for specific audiences, including marketers, internals, employees, general public, etc. Responsible for informational content of:
E-Newsletters—Interface with appropriate business unit content owners to deliver succinct, on target company messages via online/e-mail newsletters.
Brochures—All print mediums from publications to sales flyers.
Letters from company Executives/Sales Force—Interface with appropriate business unit content owners to deliver succinct, on target company messages.
Product literature—Ability to effectively communicate the key product benefits and technical specifications.
Web Content—Write original copy and translate print documents and promotions effectively for web users.
2. Project management, including trafficking jobs, conducting pre and post production meetings, and managing archives.
Analyzing client's needs against communication strategy
Developing timelines and copy
Guiding the development of a project in conjunction with Creative Director and/or E–Business Manager
Maintaining archives and conducting post production meetings.
3. Serve as communications consultant/liaison to light oils and lubricants business units, as well as other corporate departments, developing and implementing communication plans and strategies.
4. Creative writing. Work with designers/agencies to establish tone, style and creative execution. Responsible for creative content of:
Ads—All media including but not limited to – trade ads, newspaper ads.
Radio/Videos—Scripts to be utilized for internal and external production.
Presentations—Audio-visual presentations including PowerPoint or coordination with large A/V specialists.
5. Establish and maintain working relationships with product managers, sales managers, technical personnel, et al., to develop/maintain an in-depth knowledge of company products, services and needs.
Developing and sharing expertise on clients and their products, services, etc. with other Brand Communication peers.
Interacting with project teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics.
College Degree (Bachelor's Level)
Bachelor’s degree in English, Advertising or Communications. Strong command of English language and demonstrable aptitude in formal business to business writing, consumer focused writing and creative writing. Strong interpersonal and interviewing skills. Strong project management skills. Working knowledge of photography, graphic design and layout and print production.
In addition, knowledge of Jira project management and a web content management system (e.g., WordPress, Kentico, SiteCore) would be a plus.
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is 5 years.