The main function of a graphic designer is to create designs, concepts and sample layouts based on design principles and concepts. A typical graphic designer needs to have a high level of creativity and able to communicate their ideas to both internal and external clients. The ability to be flexible to client demands, work well under pressure and multi-task are required skills.
- Plan, analyze and create visual solutions to communication problems.
- Develop overall layout and production design of publications or web interfaces as they relate to graphic design.
- Prepare sketches or layouts to present to client.
- Create charts and graphs from data given.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills and problem solving ability.
- Basic ability to utilize various forms of media, including print, electronic and film.
- Basic ability to visualize in 2D and 3D and understand aesthetic aspects of design.
- Previous experience using the computer to create layouts and generate new images.
- Experience with Adobe publishing and graphics software.
Education/Experience: Associate's degree in design and/or certificate in graphic design required.
Bachelor's degree in design or related field preferred.
Job Tasks: creating layouts and doing text edits in a software program on a mac computer (for all the various print materials for various audiences-members, brokers, providers, etc), follow brand guidelines and compliance regulations
Must Haves: great attention to detail, know how to handle high volume environment, good command of software (adobe creative suite), work primarily indesign, good time management skills, team player, must be OK being the nuts and bolts production person
Nice to have: design background and aesthetics-need to make creative decisions, knowledge of paragraph styles and tables
Past experience: experience in health care industry, experience in corporate environment that follows brand guidelines