The Automotive Product Director draws upon extensive knowledge and experience within the automotive vertical to build innovative, customer-focused solutions that deliver value by solving specific customer pain points. This person will have a strong understanding of product management technique as well as the automotive consumer journey and how that translates into needs and workflows within the dealer and lender segments. They will
lead by influence and collaboration in a matrix environment across product marketing, data and analytics, technology, pricing, market research, marketing, sales, finance, legal, security, compliance and operations.
• Ability to identify market needs and opportunities through a wide variety of sources and generate innovative product offerings and concepts that solve key pain points
• Complete market analyses for new concepts: define market needs, size markets/segments, analyze competitive offerings, determine distinctive competencies, define channel strategy, etc. Draw conclusions that result in recommended product strategy
• Build business cases, working with internal teams to gather costs and pricing
• For approved concepts, shepherd new products through the New Product Innovation process, obtaining necessary approvals from key stakeholders, including compliance, legal, finance, etc.
• Contribute to strategic full-lifecycle product planning process, including individual product plans, product line plans , the product innovation pipeline and product roadmap
• Develop and execute on plans necessary to successfully drive full product lifecycle
• Manage cross-functional teams by providing product leadership and daily management throughout development projects from inception to delivery, leading and holding teams accountable to deliver on product vision that solves market needs
• Define proofs-of-concept and test plans, articulating clear success criteria
• Meet with sales and customers as needed to help guide product concepts, POCs and testing
• Create requirements and drive requirement reviews with internal teams and with customers to ensure clarity and understanding. Work closely with development teams to define iteration content and communicate user context and business requirements with adequate detail, from epics to problem statements, use cases, workflows, user stories, wire frames, acceptance criteria, etc. inspiring and providing steady direction to technology teams. Hold teams accountable and ensure that releases deliver on the product goals
• Collaborate cross-functionally to contribute to and execute on go-to-market plans, working with product marketing, pricing, operations, training and sales
• Contribute to and manage cross-functional development of User Guides, FAQ documents, training presentations, client presentations, etc. to support successful product launches
• Expert knowledge of automotive industry
• Must have 5+ years of product management experience
• Knowledge of the automotive digital consumer journey strongly preferred
• Experience creating data and analytics products and services. Must understand data product development and delivery and technology development process
• Experience with jobs-to-be-done, Design Thinking and/or Pragmatic Marketing certification strongly preferred
• Agile experience
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Very strong ability to work independently to anticipate challenges and work assertively to solve problems with cross-functional team
• Able to generate new ideas and approaches to enhance and create new solutions
Must understand, this is not a digital role. Must be able to understand how data moves through the automotive. This person MUST have product management and insurance experience.