This global retail company located in San Jose is looking for a Jr Visual Designer who is about creating innovative social media experiences and campaigns across multiple platforms. This person should be a conceptual thinker with the ability to translate strategy into powerful creative brand expressions. This person should be passionate about connecting consumers with big brands through compelling storytelling in unexpected, authentic ways through social channels. This person would independently drive to find solutions to seemingly insurmountable challenges rather than waiting for answers.
Between Visual Design and Social Content combines a passion for social innovation, elevated design/layout native to each channel and an understanding of how to work with photo and video assets. You will collaborate with art directors, copywriters, designers, producers, photographers and social strategists to ensure the creative aligns with our global vision, brand guidelines and drives engagement and e-commerce. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have an unquenchable thirst for learning, experimenting and implementing new ideas and new media to help eBay build credibility as an innovator. This role requires an organized, motivated candidate who is passionate about all things social media, keeps up with the latest trends in pop culture and design and understands meme culture.
• Work with internal stakeholders and agency partners to deliver creative assets that support strategic campaign goals
• Strong design and layout skills (working knowledge of photography, video and animation a huge plus)
• Expert knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design
• You can work within established brand identity systems, style guides, and a shared design vernacular
• Precise attention to detail, combined with an ability to analyze the hierarchy of information
• Excellent Photo retouching skills (including cropping, color correction, clipping masks, drop shadows, etc.)
• Ability to interpret global and seasonal campaigns into assets native to specific social channels
• Partner with external agency partners , copywriters, art directors, cross-functional business partners and creative directors to ensure the work is brand appropriate, channel appropriate, best in class and delivers on the business strategy
• Be self-driven with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for innovative creative solutions that engage consumers with our brand and drive e-commerce
• Be a courageous visionary, unafraid to purposefully push boundaries and take calculated risk
• Work with creative resourcing to scope all creative phases of projects accurately; manage and direct in-house creative team (and agency partners, as needed) to ensure creative is delivered on time, on budget and within scope
Experience and requirements:
• 2+ years of experience in digital marketing at leading Agencies or on the client side and a comfort (and experience) leading both art and copy direction.
• Bachelor's degree in Multimedia/Digital Design, Web Design, Graphic Design, Visual Communication or related field preferred
• Graphic design experience with strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience developing innovative digital marketing campaigns with a strong proficiency on social media platforms for Fortune 500 companies
• Excellent knowledge of social and ecommerce best practices
• An exceptional portfolio that represents a wide range of elegant, unexpected, holistic creative solutions that work seamlessly across multiple social channels
• Proficient in all creative software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects skills and Sketch)
• Working knowledge of retail and experiential design, brand development and ecommerce a plus
• Able to incorporate creative direction into dynamic creative executions and collaborate effectively with cross-functional departments across eBay
• Proficient in social media platforms and tools including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat
• Video editing experience a plus (iMovie, Final Cut Pro, etc)
• Basic HTML/CSS knowledge a plus
• Exceptional written, verbal communication skills and persuasive, professional presentational skills
• Proven expertise in time and project management individually as well as for a team