Our valued client in the oil and gas industry is seeking a UX Designer to work on a complex and logistics-heavy internally facing application. This is the flagship product under development in IT so they need a designer who can understand the complex interactions and data flows needed to accomplish tasks and make the users as efficient as possible.
As a Senior User Experience (UX) Designer, you will be working in a team of professionals with a passion for elegant, forward-thinking, modern user experiences. Our client takes design seriously and believes that designers have a significant voice at the table in defining any successful digital initiative. As a team member, you will be collaborating with domain subject matter experts, project management, strategy and engineering to develop original UX concepts, and guide projects from concept to launch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and associated UI framework and assets for our client
• Produce detailed user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and user interface specification
• Perform metrics analysis to inform design/UX optimization efforts; apply a data driven approach to all design activities
• Lead user experience research and testing processes
• Drive the development and communication of design and experience guidelines
• Work directly with the product owner to develop a shared vision of the end product
• Work directly with the engineering team to align with platform best practices and implementation details
• Work in a rapid development and prototyping environment where effective communication is paramount
-5+ years experience on enterprise/internally facing software applications
-Oil and gas experience preferred but not a must
-Axure or Sketch expert
-Able to manage functionality inputs from multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts
-Able to work in Agile/SCRUM with rapid iteration cycles
-Experience in validating UI output from development
-Detail-minded and good sense in sync with recent design standards and trends.
-Willingness to learn new technologies and design techniques
-Good interpersonal and communication skills
-Ability to execute on a timely manner
-Immediate available will be advantage