The Product Line Manager is the critical leader, voice of the consumer & marketplace, negotiator, creative problem solver, planner and critical driver of the Women’s Apparel Triad. Passion, commitment, creativity, curiosity, collaboration and integrity are key traits to success in this role. You are a critical player in the Product Creation process as well as the Go-To-Market process and your impact on the business will be immediately measurable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
• Be the expert on product and mine consumer insights, athlete feedback, fit & wear results, market & competitive trends, enable immersive experiences to feed the Team and ensure the brand is leading with our Women’s Apparel Line.
• Be the authority on women’s train apparel, how Athlete’s train, product knowledge, marketplace & competitive landscape and be the voice of the consumer throughout the Product Creation and Go to Market process.
• Drive and enable the product vision for Women’s Apparel, build the seasonal line plan, 3 year line plan, financial plans that support support the Category 3YP and articulate the vision into seasonal product briefs that inform Design.
• Work across the company and build your network as the key advocate for Women’s Apparel to influence Marketing, Sports Marketing, Merchandising, Sales, International Markets, Key Accounts, Innovation and key Leaders to ensure clarity and support of the seasonal plan.
• Think like a marketer, seasonal concept generation, curated story-telling, build content that provides interest for our consumer and Marketing.
• High profile and impactful communication is key internally as well as externally throughout the Product Creation and Go to Market process.
• Collaborate, communicate, inspire, manage, mentor and foster a high performing team.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions. Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Effectively influences actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes themselves available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong presentation, time management, collaboration, communication and influencing skills
• Leadership identity and accountability orientation
• Team Player Attitude
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of related work experience
• Product Creation experience
• Experience developing, pricing strategies, assortment mix that supports Brand position by channel, sales tools and executing final product mix
• Product marketing and Consumer insight experience
• Experience managing a team.