- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
As a Communication Designer you will be responsible for designing everything from company-wide resource sites, to external presentations, to infographics and visuals, explaining how our products, programs and processes work to highly diverse audiences.
- Recommend and implement new strategies and presentation materials for communicating to our peers and varying levels of stakeholders from cross-functional partners to senior leadership.
- Partner with key stakeholders to create digital (and occasionally print) materials in the form of presentations, documents, and websites to communicate program information and resources.
- Develop clear communication materials to convey concepts and information so that it is relatable and memorable.
- Create engaging infographics and information visualizations that clearly convey concepts and insights based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- A degree in relevant field: communication arts, graphic design.
- In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Must be proficient with Google Apps (Slides, Docs, Sheets) and Adobe Creative Suite and/or Sketch, and have a portfolio which demonstrates a wide range of design styles that are brand appropriate and user-centered.
- Excellent written and visual communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Visual design that demonstrates stylistic range and production quality detail.
- Examples of brand creative, illustrations, data visualizations, and/or animations.
- Experience of web/mobile web design compositions that are considerate of UI visual systems, hierarchy, and usability.
- Experience working closely with UX and product management teams in the tech industry.
- Ability to work independently as well as within team settings.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: